It’s no secret that news releases that include multimedia make your story stand out and build deeper connections with your audiences. In fact, videos are proven to increase views by 2.8X – not only engaging your audience, but providing a valuable resource to media and bloggers who may also be looking for multimedia to include in their stories.
To that end, PR Newswire has created a Video Production Boot Camp to help you prepare for your next production.
But before you get started, be sure to answer these two important questions:
- Who is my audience?
- What are my objectives with this video?
Once you’ve clearly defined your goals, you can then move on to defining your video’s story. Here are five things to consider before you get into pre-production and production:
- The length of your video – brevity is key, as attention spans are short. Brevity will also help you keep your story clear and to the point so viewers can easily understand the information.
- What the story is of your video – your video should quickly take viewers through a story that engages them and speaks to their needs it piques their curiosity.
- How to connect with the audience – videos that consistently receive the most engagement are videos that illicit an emotional response. What does your audience care about the most, or what is a specific pain point for them?
- Staying on brand – ensure that the content of your video is aligned with your brand’s established tone, voice and messaging. Does the content make sense coming from your brand? Video is often a great way for brands to step outside of the box and make impact, but make sure you’re not portraying your brand in a way that is confusing.
- Do you have partners that you can utilize to help you create the video? There are many aspects of production that include ideation and execution. Find internal or external partners that can help amplify your project and assign them to roles that match their skills such as scriptwriting, filming or editing.
Read the full guide to learn about the pre-production must haves, production steps, distribution and even view a case study on how a PR Newswire client boosted their campaign visibility with video. You’ll also receive a glossary of production terms to help you navigate your very first video production!