To keep up with today’s media landscape, public relations professionals need to know not only who is going where, but also how to communicate more effectively with those journalists, bloggers, and influencers making moves.
This week’s Influencer Insights feature five of the most significant newsroom changes selected by PR Newswire’s Audience Research team, plus reviews of four entertainment blogs you should be reading.
1. National Geographic Traveler: Veteran Editor George W. Stone (@travelerstone) has moved up from editor-at-large to editor-in-chief at @NatGeoTravel. Stone has worked as an editor and writer for the magazine for nearly eighteen years and has also had two books published by the National Geographic Society, “From Mist and Stone: The Folklore of the Celts and Vikings” and “Raging Forces: Life on a Violent Planet.” He will oversee all travel content as well as the magazine’s digital content.
2. Orange County Register: Congratulations to Assistant Business Editor Samantha Gowen (@sammigo) on being promoted to business editor at @OCRegister. Gowen originally started at the paper as a copy editor in 2000 and held a variety of other positions including page designer, business presentation editor, pets editor/reporter, and a short stint as a car culture reporter.
3. Glamour: John Dioso (@johnnydioso) has been named executive director of editorial operations at @glamourmag. Diosa brings quite an accomplished editorial background to Glamour; he was previously executive managing editor of Cosmopolitan and Seventeen and deputy managing editor at Rolling Stone for eight years. He also held editorial positions at Martha Stewart Living and Conde Nast. Diosa will start his new role on February 16th.
4. Architectural Digest: Shax Riegler (@shaxriegler) has been named executive editor at @ArchDigest. He was most recently with Consumer Reports as their content lead for the Home and Appliances group. Riegler’s resume boasts a number of other arts & design related editorial positions. He served as executive editor at House Beautiful, features editor at House & Garden, and articles editor at Martha Stewart Living while also contributing articles to The Wall Street Journal, T: The New York Times Style Magazine, Saveur, and many other publications.
5. The Guardian – U.S. Bureau: Lois Beckett (@loisbeckett) has been named a senior reporter covering gun policy at @GuardianUS. Beckett has been at ProPublica since 2011, recently covering gun policy, data and politics. Prior to ProPublica, she was a contributor at Nieman Journalism Lab. Beckett’s hard work earned her the 2015 Deadline Award for public service as well as a NABJ Salute to Excellence Award in investigative journalism.
Influencer Intel of the Week: Every Monday, PR Newswire for Journalists reviews four influential bloggers making a mark in their niche. Check out these profiles of entertainment and culture blogs you should consider adding to your media outreach.
When reaching out to journalists and other influencers, your content must be created with their needs in mind. Read our white paper 5 Keys to Crafting Press Releases that Drive Earned Media for tips on press releases that work.
Author Kevin Frey is a senior audience researcher for the Mid-Atlantic region.
1 Comments on Blog Post Title
As a new blogger I must say I found your article not only informative but also impressive and full of quality content. Your article has fantastic ideas and I wish to make changes the way you have suggested! It’s really motivating see such amazing blogs which gives some awesome tips! Your blog certainly seems to be a 'benchmark' that many can aspire to!