May 01, 2012
The Definitive Guide to Social Influence… Authored by YOU.
There’s lots of talk around influentials, but in reality, there’s little understanding about all the different spheres of influence out there, how they interact and what the opportunities are for communicators.
So we decided to develop an e-book on the subject, and we’re taking the extra step of crowdsourcing it, in order to curate the best and most diverse perspectives and ideas. It’s not as cool as crowdsourcing a burger, but we’re pretty excited about it nonetheless!
If you have some expertise in this area, this is a good time to show it off. Develop some original content, and send it our way. This is a chance to be published in something that will be widely distributed among communications professionals all over the world. You’ll be contributing to something valuable to our community, and at the same time polishing your own brand.
We’ve outline some chapters to provide direction, but we’re also inviting ‘wildcard’ submissions to ensure no angle is overlooked. Here’s the chapter outline:
CHAPTER 1 – What’s an Influencer? Who Are They?
Different Types of Influencers, for example:
- Rock Stars vs. Connected Pros on the Rise
- Big Time Bloggers vs. Knowledgeable Enthusiastic Self-Publishers
- Mass Media vs. Niche Media
CHAPTER 2 – Gauging Influence
- The Importance of Scoring Systems (for example “Klout,” or “Kred”) and How to Use the Information
- Measuring Influence Among Followers, Fans, Friends
CHAPTER 3 – Finding Your Influencers
- Helpful Tools & Platforms
- Using Analytics to Identify Influencers Among People You Already Know – Current Customers, Media, Followers
- Influencers You Don’t Know (But Want To) –How to Make That Initial Connection
- Creating Your Perfect Blend of Influencers
CHAPTER 4 – You Have Influencers – Now What?
Building a Strategy for Influencer Engagement:
- Strategic Outreach
- Choosing the Channel or Platform to Use (Blogging, Speaking, Etc.)
CHAPTER 5 – Measurement and Future Engagement
Different Types of Influentials:
- Analyzing Outcomes
- Ongoing Relationship Building
- Follow Up On Activity
WILDCARD CHAPTER – Create Your Own Topic
Do you have great advice to offer on our overarching topic, but it deserves another chapter? You may create your own chapter and submit content to a topic of your own choosing. Please suggest a chapter title, too.
Here are all the details: The Crowd-Sourced eBook: The Definitive Guide to Social Influencer Engagement
We’re looking forward to reading the submissions and seeing what shape the final version takes!
Subscribe Via Email
Subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.