Content isn’t King … it’s Gold.
In a keynote at the Online Marketing Summit last week, speaker Russell Sparkman, president and CEO of FusionSpark Media, proposed that the popular analogy “Content is King,” actually falls short in describing the value good content delivers to a brand. Instead, he believes content is more like gold, in a whole variety of ways:
- Like gold, content is a great long-term investment.
- Like gold, content isn’t about quantity, it’s about quality
- Like gold, content conducts electricity by provoking sharing, engagement and curiosity
- Like gold, content and gold are both malleable and can be shaped and stretched into other forms of media
- Like gold, content can eventually be made into “bling,” and can become very lucrative when we add value.
Read the full post by Michael Seghieri, a divisional VP with MultiVu, on Beyond PR.