How Cross-Channel Storytelling Engages Broad Audiences
Yesterday’s Variety Entertainment and Technology Summit, held in Marina del Rey, CA, brought together a powerhouse panel that focused on the role of storytelling in today’s media environment. Top digital marketers and their technology partners across the entertainment and brand landscape discussed campaigns that are making an impact now.
Moderated by David Hayes (@heydch), Entertainment Evangelist, Tumblr, the panel was thick with heavy hitters from impressive brands.
- Bettina Sherick (@bettina), Senior Vice President, International Strategic Digital Marketing Twentieth Century Fox
- Malcolm De Leo (@innovationmuse), Chief Evangelist, NetBase
- Alicia Jones (@aliciajones), Manager and Head of Social Media, American Honda Corporation
- David Gibbons(@gibbosf), VP Product Marketing Ustream
- Nicolaus Beraudo, EVP Worldwide Sales, GM US, App Annie
- Jared Hoffman, EVP Content and Programming Partnerships, Alloy Digital
The panel first gave a nod to their favorite brands. They ranged from some long standing, tech-oriented brands like Sony and EA Sports to retail and apparel giant Nike as well as the uber successful sandbox indie game, Minecraft. The most interesting brand mention was Star Wars. Jared Hoffman explained that he is fascinated by how it has come to mean many things to many people. It has now engaged at least two generations, showing its enduring tale has serious staying power – - it has has infiltrated Angry Birds and is currently featured in a Verizon commercial.