SAN DIEGO, Dec. 5 /PRNewswire/ -- A recent poll by It's Just Lunch, a
national specialty dating service for busy professionals that maximizes the
efficiency of dating by coordinating clients for lunch dates or a drink after
work, found that 73 percent of single professionals said they were asked by
colleagues, friends and family members about their dating life more during the
holidays then any other time of year!
With over 11 years in the dating industry and having observed the patterns
of singles during the holidays, Lisa Purdum, Director of It's Just Lunch in
San Diego, offers 10 tips to survive the holidays as a single.
1. Go to every holiday party you're invited to ... you never know who
2. Make up a fabulous story about your new exotic significant other to
ward off overly inquisitive (nosy!) relatives.
3. Call old friends and catch up with them. You never know who they
could introduce you to for a last minute holiday date.
4. Buy yourself a special present -- anything from a diamond to a puppy.
5. Be festive and decorate for the holiday season by using candles,
mistletoe and twinkle lights -- whatever your religion, indulge in
the tradition, it feels good and you never know who might drop by!
6. Check airline Web sites for reduced airfares and holiday specials and
take a spontaneous weekend getaway to somewhere you've always wanted
to go -- think big ... New Orleans, Las Vegas, New York City, San
Francisco ... or even Paris!
7. Send holiday greeting cards or letters to all your family and friends
(including those whom are "long-lost") and then enjoy receiving the
8. Treat yourself to a day of pampering at your favorite spa or salon --
don't forget to book the massage!
9. Fill your home with the sounds of the season -- buy the holiday
classics like Nat King Cole or Elvis CDs, or organize friends for
caroling or karaoke.
10. Stay cheery during the holiday season. The beginning of a New Year
means an opportunity for a fresh start!
Founded in 1991 by Andrea McGinty and run by Daniel Dolan, Chairman and
CEO, It's Just Lunch moved their headquarters to San Diego from Chicago
18 months ago and recently celebrated 11 years in the dating industry with
50 offices open nationwide.
For additional information about It's Just Lunch visit
www.itsjustlunch.com or call (619) 234-7200.
MAKE YOUR OPINION COUNT - Click Here
SOURCE It's Just Lunch