DENPASAR, Indonesia, Dec. 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Starting as a school project, Luke Hamilton created a block set from wood, designed using the Golden Ratio and inspired by Froebel Blocks. Shortly after creating a prototype set, friends and family began requesting their own. In less than a month, Hamilton raised more than $37,000 selling Fibonacci Blocks through Indiegogo, inspiring designers, engineers and students with a new way to build.
Hamilton is creating a sustainable business model, working with local Balinese woodcrafters and established entrepreneurs to further develop Fibonacci Blocks as a brand. Each Block Set comes with 68 blocks and a 16-page booklet and guide to Fibonacci and the Golden Ratio.
"I was interested in the same concepts that have inspired artists and architects to create beauty during ancient times," says Luke Hamilton, Creator of Fibonacci Blocks. "Fueled by mathematical concepts, these blocks encourage people to visualize in 3D as well as design concepts using the golden ratio. It is a worldwide educational tool for any age group."
Fibonacci Blocks Features:
- Golden Proportions - When playing, designing and creating with the block you are creating with the same "divine proportions" found in works of art from the Pyramids to the Taj Mahal.
- Thinking in 3D - The blocks inspire thinking in 3D and follow the same inspiration as the Froebel Blocks that were also used as children by great minds including Albert Einstein, Frank Lloyd Wright, Paul Klee and more.
- Balinese Artisanship - Handcrafted blocks are made by local artisans with beautiful Teak wood.
- Sustainable Wood - Cut down on plastic toys that are potentially harmful and toxic. These beautiful wood blocks are long lasting and sustainable.
- See and Shape the World Differently - 10% of all profits of this project go to the Rainforest Alliance to give back to the rainforest. These blocks give us nature's beauty and we are able to give back.
The blocks feature in 6 sizes and come in a variety of configurations to best meet your design needs. Block sets start at $85 and are ready to be delivered by the holidays if ordered by December 15, 2015.
Find Fibonacci Blocks campaign and more about Luke's Project here: igg.me/at/Fibonacciblocks
Media Contact: Ronjini Joshua, Email, (562) 735-0071
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/16-year-old-lucas-hamilton-creates-fibonacci-blocks-from-ancient-math-inspiring-a-new-and-sustainable-way-to-conceptualize-design-300186910.html
SOURCE Fibonacci Blocks