LAS VEGAS, Jan. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Eleventh Annual Storage Visions Conference (partner program to the 2012 International CES) awards were presented before a record crowd at the Riviera Hotel Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. The awards recognized companies advancing the state of the art in storage technologies utilized in consumer electronics, the media and entertainment industries, and visionary products for the digital content value chain.
- The awards included the Sixth Storage Visions Art of Storage award, recognizing a product for its best-in-class aesthetics, ease of use and industrial design. The winner of the 2011 Art of Storage award was Kingston's Wi-Drive portable storage device.
- A special Founders Award for Meritorious Service was given to Mr. Dennis Waid for his tireless support of the Storage Visions Conferences (Dennis is one of the SV Conference founders and has been all eleven Storage Visions Conference.
Visionary Products Category:
- The SanDisk and Asus Customized SSD Form Factor was awarded the Mobile Consumer Electronics Storage award.
- The Home Consumer Electronics Storage award was won by the Samsung Semiconductor USB Optical SmartHub.
- The award for Consumer Storage went to Millenniata for their M-Disc Data Storage Solution.
- The new Enabling Consumer Storage Technology award was won by Micron for their RealSSD C400 Self Encrypting Drive.
- The award for Enabling Professional Storage Technology went to Hitachi Data Systems for their Content Platform.
- SeaChange won the award for Professional Media and Entertainment Storage for their Universal Media Library.
- The award for Professional Media and Entertainment System went to CET Universal for their VCM with Archive Station.
Visionary Company Awards:
- Intel was given the Visionary Mobile Consumer Electronics Company award for innovative storage for storage and products for mobile consumer applications.
- OCZ Technology was given the Visionary Home Consumer Electronics Company award for storage intensive consumer applications and storage.
- The award for Visionary Media and Entertainment Company went to IBM for LTO tape storage products supporting professional media and entertainment applications.
Congratulations to all the winners and finalists of the 2012 Storage Visions Awards and thanks to all the companies that submitted products, as well as the award judges. The choice of winners of the various awards was difficult due to the number and excellent quality of the submissions.
Storage Visions 2012 — the premier event focusing on digital storage and the entertainment content value chain took place at the Riviera Hotel Convention Center January 8 & 9, 2012. Complete details on the 2012 conference are available on the conference website, www.storagevisions.com or call 408-978-8184.
SOURCE 2012 Storage Visions Conference