2014 Energy Thought Summit (ETS) Announces Speakers for Austin, Texas, Zpryme Reports Zpryme and Energy Thought Summit (ETS) have officially announced a line-up of speakers for the 2014 Austin, Texas event.
AUSTIN, Texas, Dec. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Coming to Austin, Texas on March 24–25, 2014, Energy Thought Summit (ETS) will bring the world's thought leaders together for two days to debate the state and future of energy — expect smart dialogue, and an engaging setting on– and offline. Held in Austin for the inaugural year by Zpryme, it will serve as both a conversation–starter and blueprint for utilities, vendors, OEMs, and innovators to actively engage the energy industry.
"It's great to see so many thought leaders rallying around energy issues that matter. I'm proud to be a part of not only Zpryme's ETS, but also share in the procession of Austin events that promote new ideas and innovation", said Steve Wozniak, Co–founder of Apple Computer and Chief Scientist at Fusion–io.
"Zpryme's ETS is a rare opportunity to look at energy as symphony of component technologies working together in a synchronous system. From in–depth panels covering the smart grid to honed dialog dedicated to electric vehicles, I'm delighted to both attend and speak in the Austin–based event's inaugural year", said Jon Wellinghoff, former FERC Chairman and Partner, Stoel Rives LLP.
"ETS in Austin, TX is the perfect venue to accelerate the Energy Industry Renaissance, as the best and brightest minds in energy, telecommunications, transportation, manufacturing, electronics, software, computing and policy come together to define our smart energy future", said Andres Carvallo, ETS 2014 Chairman.
"We are excited to have a stellar group of industry thought leaders be a part of ETS. ETS will attract the world's business and thought leaders to a meaningful setting where the industry's most relevant energy issues are addressed", said Jason S. Rodriguez, Zpryme CEO.
In a comprehensive two days spanning panels, keynotes, and individual–speakers, thought leaders will include, but not limited to:
- Steve Wozniak, Apple Computer, Co-Founder & Fusion-io, Chief Scientist
- Jon Wellinghoff, FERC, Former Chairman & Stoel Rives LLP, Partner
- Dr. George W. Arnold, NIST, Director, Standards Coordination Office
- Dr. S. Massoud Amin, University of Minnesota, Professor
- Andres Carvallo, Proximetry, CSO
- Cheryl Mele, Austin Energy, COO
- Christian Okonsky, KLD Energy, CEO
- John D. Hewa, Pedernales Electric Cooperative, CEO
- Amit Narayan, AutoGrid, CEO
- Larsh Johnson, eMeter, a Siemens Business, CTO & Co-Founder
- Michael Raiford, Samsung Semiconductor, VP
- David Harkness, Xcel Energy, VP & CIO
- Todd Raba, GridPoint, CEO
- Adrian Tuck, Tendril, CEO
- Brewster McCracken, Pecan Street Inc., CEO
- Craig Wilkins, ViZn Energy, CEO
- Paul Bundschuh, Ideal Power, CEO
- Becky Harrison, GridWise Alliance, CEO
- Tom Pierson, TAS Energy, CTO & Founder
- Mei Shibata, ThinkEco, CSO & Co-Founder
- Raiford Smith, Duke Energy, Director, Smart Grid Emerging Technology
- Audrey Lee Ph.D., California Public Utilities Commission, Energy Advisor to the President
- Brian M. Huey, Sprint, Business Development & Strategy – M2M Smart Grid, Utilities
- M. Mobeen Khan, AT&T, M2M Practice Leader
- Thierry Godart, Siemens, U.S. President Smart Grid
- Gary Rackliffe, ABB, VP Smart Grids
- Scott Hennebery, Schneider Electric, VP, Strategic Perspective
- Jeffrey A. Norman, Leidos, VP of Emerging Technologies
- Stephen Callahan, IBM, Partner Executive, Energy & Utilities
- Tim Fairchild, SAS, Director, Global Utilities Practice
- Hector Puente, El Paso Electric, Executive VP
- Steve Winstead, Leidos, Senior Systems Architect
- Paul Molitor, NEMA, Assistant VP, Smart Grid & Special Projects
- Neel Gulhar, Exelon, Corporate Functional Manager
- Bill Meehan, Esri, Director of Utility Solutions
- Karl Popham, Austin Energy, Emerging Technologies & EV Manager
- Brett Luedde, ViaSat, Director of Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Steve Collier, Milsoft Utility Solutions, Director of Smart Grid Strategies
- Jacob Harb, BMW of North America, Head of Electric Vehicle Operations & Strategy
- David N. Patterson, PE, Mitsubishi Motors R&D of America, Chief Engineer, Vehicle Emissions/Fuel Economy Compliance
- Robert Langford, American Honda Motor Co., Manager, Plug-In Electric Vehicle Sales & Marketing
- Russ Eling, General Motors, Manager, Smart Grid & EV Services
- Ken Laberteaux, Ph.D., Toyota Research Institute-North America, Sr. Principal Scientist
- David Peterson, Nissan, EV Regional Manager, Marketing & Sales Strategy
- Rob Threlkeld, General Motors, Manager of Renewable Energy Initiatives
- David Dollihite, Deloitte Consulting LLP, Energy & Resources
- David C. DuCharme, Capgemini, VP North American Energy Practice
- Martin G. Travers, Black & Veatch, President, Telecom Division
- John Slanina, CenterPoint Energy, VP of Operations Support & Technology
- Stan McClellan, Texas State University, Director, Ingram School of Engineering
- Professor Rajit Gadh Ph.D., UCLA, WINMEC Director
- Patty Durand, Smart Grid Consumer Collaborative (SGCC), Executive Director
- Joël Pointon, Sempra Energy (SDG&E), Manager of Electric Transportation – Clean Transportation Program
- Rick Nicholson, Ventyx, an ABB Company, VP of T&D Solutions
- Scott Emley, Smart Modular Technologies, VP & GM, Integrated Memory Solutions
- Russ Vanos, Itron, Sr. VP of Strategy & Business Development
- Emir José Macari, Ph.D., California State University, Sacramento, Dean of Engineering & Computer Science
- Charlie Wernette, H-E-B, Director of Energy
- Phillip W. Powell, Dominion, DVI Director of Grid Innovations
- John King, Austin Chamber of Commerce, Director of Clean Energy & Power Technology
- Colin Pope, Austin Business Journal, Editor
- Clark Jernigan, Austin Ventures, Venture Partner
Registration* can be completed online at: www.energythoughtsummit.com.
*Please note that venue seating at the Paramount Theatre is extremely limited. In order to secure a seat, Zpryme highly recommends registering by January 24, 2014.
ETS Sponsor Contact
For more information on targeted sponsorship opportunities please contact Zpryme at Tel: +1 888.977.9631 or email Mark Ishac directly at: email@example.com
Coming to Austin, Texas on March 24-25, 2014 from Zpryme, the Energy Thought Summit (ETS) will bring the world's thought leaders together for two days to debate the state and future of energy — expect smart dialogue, and an engaging setting on- and offline. To learn more about ETS visit: www.energythoughtsummit.com.
Austin-based Zpryme is a research-based firm with services focused on the energy industry. Based on the creative direction of our associates, Zpryme produces influential research, targeted branding, and meaningful thought leadership events such as ETS that challenge the status quo. To learn more about Zpryme visit: www.zpryme.com.
Media Contact: Mark Ishac, Zpryme, +1 888.977.9631, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com