HOUSTON, March 29, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The annual Meritorious Awards for Engineering Innovation honors engineering excellence and achievement in the upstream petroleum industry. The MEA program honors new products and technologies that demonstrate innovation in concept, design and application. E&P Magazine editors will present medallions and plaques to the 2017 winners of Hart Energy's MEAs on Monday, May 1 -- opening day of the Offshore Technology Conference in Houston's NRG Center. The May 2017 issue of E&P will showcase the winners' technologies.
"Our magazine and its predecessors have consistently honored technical innovation that allows our industry to overcome seemingly impossible challenges," said Rhonda Duey, Executive Editor, E&P. "The Meritorious Awards for Engineering reflect the best of the best in technological advancement."
The expert panel of judges included engineers and scientists from operating and consulting companies worldwide; service company professionals were not eligible to join the panel. They applied their knowledge to select winners in their areas of expertise. Judges were excluded from categories in which they or their companies have a business interest.
The 2017 Honorees:
- ZEiTECS Shuttle rigless ESP replacement system, Schlumberger
- AxeBlade Ridged Diamond Element Bit, Schlumberger
- Kymera XTreme hybrid drill bit, Baker Hughes
- CND500 multifunctional microemulsion treatment, Baker Hughes
OpenPath Sequence diversion stimulation service, Schlumberger
- PowerDrive Orbit rotary steerable system, Schlumberger
- HyPR HoleSaver™, Churchill Drilling Tools Ltd
- Deep Shear Wave Imaging, Baker Hughes
- RokDoc Ji-Fi, Ikon Science
- Seismic and EM Joint Inversion for Accurate Depth Images, Saudi Aramco
FLOATING SYSTEMS AND RIGS
- The Low Motion FPSO Technology, "LM-FPSO", INTECSEA, WorleyParsons Group
- 3D Mapping of Reservoir Saturation from Crosswell Electromagnetic in Horizontal Wells, Saudi Aramco
- Multifunctional Nano-Tracers with In-situ Detection, Saudi Aramco
- ExpressKinect™ System, Halliburton
HYDRAULIC FRACTURING/PRESSURE PUMPING
- NextGen 100% electric fracturing services, Evolution Well Services
- AvantGuard Advanced Flowback Services, Schlumberger
INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS AND COMPONENTS
- Maze Microfluidic SARA Analysis, Schlumberger
- GelBlock temporary annular isolation system, Baker Hughes
- EquiSeal™ Conformance Service, Halliburton
- Endurance Hydraulic Screen®, Halliburton
- One Trip BOP Universal Test Tool, Samoco Oil Tools
- Victaulic Refuse-to-Fuse™ HDPE joining system, Victaulic
About Hart Energy
For more than 40 years, Hart Energy editors and experts have delivered market-leading insights to investors and energy industry professionals. The Houston-based company produces award-winning monthly magazines (such as Oil and Gas Investor, E&P, Downstream Business and Midstream Business); online news and data services; in-depth industry conferences (like the DUG™ conference series); GIS data sets and mapping solutions; and a range of research and consulting services through Stratas Advisors. For information, visit hartenergy.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/2017-meritorious-awards-recognizes-engineering-innovation-300430080.html
SOURCE Hart Energy