5 Qualities the Best Software-Testers Possess
OSLO, Norway, May 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Software testing is getting increasingly more important as more and more systems need to communicate. But who should run these tests? Norwegian course developer Confex has come up with a list of what their attendees describes as characteristics of the best software testers.
According to myth, a good software tester is a die-hard pessimist - or an optimist with experience. Norwegian course developer Confex doesn´t necessarily agree with the myth, but they can understand how it came to existence.
- Experienced testers see the same mistakes being done over and over, so maybe that frustration is mistaken for pessimism. But we have yet to come across any pessimist in our research, says Therese Sørensen, head of product development at Confex.
Confex research all their courses to ensure they address their target groups real needs. For their courses in software testing they've asked what qualities testers and test managers believe the best software testers should possess:
5 qualities of the best software testers
- Basic knowledge of software development. Understanding developers' way of thinking is not required to do testing, but to get quick results mending the problems this skill is key.
- An aggressive approach. "Test to break" is a mantra for the best testers.
- Understanding customer needs. Good testers understand customer/user needs.
- An eye for details and quality. This is what the job is about. The ability to pick everything apart looking for flaws.
- Communication skills. A software tester must be able to communicate with both technical people on the developer side as well as non-technical customers and managers.
Confex is a Norwegian company formed in 1997. They are now a daughter company under Confex Group, which include Sweden, Denmark and Germany. They are Scandinavias leading developer and supplier of open courses and conferences for professionals.
Confex is not connected to any private or public organisation.
Homepage is http://www.confex.no.
Therese Sørensen, Press Contact, Confex Norway AS. Phone: +47-92-84-53-12