7,000 Scientists to Explore 60 Topical Issues Related to Human and Environmental Health at Annual Society of Toxicology Meeting This March
RESTON, Va., Feb. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A group of 7,000 scientists working in multiple specialties, from more than 50 countries, will meet March 10-14, 2013 at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio, Texas, to share their latest findings on 60 topical issues of concern to human health and the environment.
The Society of Toxicology's 52nd Annual Meeting will bring together an expected 7,000 researchers and regulators from universities, government and private companies, presenting the latest information and analysis on disease, human and animal health, occupational safety and a number of related issues.
Topics of note include:
- Hydraulic fracturing, and the public health and environmental impact questions this emerging technology is raising;
- Alzheimer's disease, including discussion of new research suggesting that lead exposure influences the onset of Alzheimer's disease;
- Food safety, drawing from a case involving the Texas Gulf Coast in the aftermath of the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill;
- Arsenic in foods, including the latest information on occurrence and amounts found in foods, along with exposure risks and public health risks; and
- Sodium in foods, examining the known dangers of excessive sodium in one's diet and the lesser-known dangers of not enough sodium in one's diet.
The presenters are respected professionals in a range of fields, including medicine, biotechnology, carcinogenesis, epidemiology, public health, genetic toxicology, immunotoxiciology, pathology, and risk assessment.
The Society of Toxicology, founded in 1961, is an international organization of more than 7,000 scientists who practice toxicology. The Society of Toxicology (SOT) is a professional and scholarly organization of scientists from academic institutions, government, and industry representing the great variety of scientists who practice toxicology in the U.S. and abroad. SOT is committed to creating a safer and healthier world by advancing the science of toxicology. The Society promotes the acquisition and utilization of knowledge in toxicology and aids in the protection of public health. The Society has a strong commitment to education in toxicology and to the recruitment of students and new members into the profession.
SOURCE Society of Toxicology
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.