98% Of Central Florida Employers Surveyed Will Hire This Year More than 8,650 Jobs Open Now & 19,000 More Projected For 2013
ORLANDO, Fla., Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- OrlandoJobs.com publishes clear-cut positive findings today in an annual employment survey for the Central Florida region. Chief among the findings: 98% of the employers surveyed plan on hiring this year. Building on encouraging results in the five years since OrlandoJobs.com began their annual survey of companies, the 2013 employment forecast for Central Florida shows concrete signs of a recovery in 2013.
The 2013 OrlandoJobs.com Central Florida Employment Outlook Survey's key findings:
- Combined, this survey found more than 8,650 jobs currently open at the 198 surveyed companies.
- In addition, more than 19,000 jobs are forecasted to be open in the last three quarters of 2013.
- 98% of companies plan on hiring at least one person in 2013.
- 89% of companies currently have open jobs, up from 75% in 2012.
- The top six sectors leading the way in Central Florida are Leisure and Hospitality, Healthcare, Professional and Business Services, Education, Retail and Technology.
- 42% of surveyed companies are using temporary employees to help fill open positions.
- LinkedIn.com was responsible for more than 120 Central Florida hires in the surveyed group.
- Employers offer blunt tips to job seekers including: don't apply if you aren't qualified, grammar/spelling counts, be honest, and don't be late for an interview!
"A positive outlook on the part of employers is pushing the Central Florida job market ever-forward in 2013, and the data in our survey results backs up those who are starting to use the word 'recovery' to describe the market," says Roger Lear, President and Co-Founder of OrlandoJobs.com. "Hospitality leads the way and employers in all sectors were very clear that they are only hiring job seekers that fit the job skills. In this recovering market, if you are underemployed or unemployed, applying to jobs that are exact matches to your skill set is the way to go because employers want proven track records to help protect their hiring investments. For job seekers applying to any job, this is why you may not hear back from the employer."
Other findings from the survey include the role that social media is playing in employment, the greatest challenges employers face, their best advice for job seekers, and the companies that are forecasting the largest number of open jobs for 2013. Download the survey in its entirety at www.orlandojobs.com/whitepaper.
www.OrlandoJobs.com is Central Florida's #1 online job site, with an average of 110,000 visitors per month. The site was founded in 2005 by Roger Lear and Scott Kotroba, and is the official employment website of the Central Florida Human Resource Association (www.cfhra.org) along with partners WKMG Channel 6's ClickOrlando.com and the Orlando Weekly (print and online). President Roger Lear is a 25-year veteran leader in the executive search and internet recruiting industry. He is a board at Florida Hospital East Foundation, the Central Florida Economic Cooperative, Central Florida Employment Council and National Insurance Recruiting Association, and is a sought-after speaker on the subject of Web 2.0 and social media recruiting.