A Century of Superconductivity, New Superconductivity Market Research Report at GiiResearch.com New report examines last 100 years of superconductivity technology and provides market forecast through 2020.
FARMINGTON, Conn., Aug. 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Global Information, Inc. presents a new market research report, "Superconductivity: The 7th Era and Coming Revolution in Power, Energy, Electronics, Computers, Communications, Transportation, Defence, Space and Beyond - Technologies, Applications, Markets, Competitors and Opportunities: 2011-2020 Analysis and Forecasts" by Amadee & Company. (For more information: http://www.giiresearch.com/report/ambe204411-superconductivity-7th-era-coming-revolution-power.html)
It has been 100 years since the 1911 discovery of superconductivity. Since then, only one, major commercial application of superconductivity has developed: Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) in the 1980s.
Major improvements in technology and applications are expected to bring a renaissance of superconductor technologies during the next 10 - 15 years. This will be based not on incremental progress in the existing technologies like MRI/HTS (high temperature superconductors), but rather on a radical breakthrough in a highly attractive and rapidly growing industry such as power, clean energy, electronics, communications, transportation, defense, or space and beyond.
Due to rapid growth and major changes in technology, the superconductivity industry landscape will undergo profound change with significant increases in demand, profits in the billions and competitive upheaval. Meanwhile, entrepreneurial ventures have been absorbed by multinationals that are uninterested in developing applications beyond Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI). New ventures will depend heavily on venture capital, which has grown scarce since 1999.
According to the report, "predicting the second superconductivity breakthrough application is possible by utilizing the theory of economic long waves and the analogy between nanotechnology and semiconductor technology."
- The last 100 years of superconductivity in terms of science, technology and industry.
- Global market for superconductivity in MRI, Research and Technological Development, New Large-Scale Applications, New Electronic Applications: 2007-2019.
- Global market for superconductivity in Low-Tc Superconductors and High-Tc Superconductors: 2007-2019.
- Total addressable market and growth rates for superconductivity in electric power generation equipment, electric power transmission and distribution equipment, large electric motors, smart grid battery storage: 2000-2019.
- High Temperature Superconductor (HTS) technology and market overview.
For more information, please visit: http://www.giiresearch.com/report/ambe204411-superconductivity-7th-era-coming-revolution-power.html or e-mail Press@gii.co.jp
Global Information, Inc. is a leading worldwide distributor of technical and market research.
SOURCE Global Information, Inc.