NEW YORK, August 10, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
ACI Association has initiated research coverage on Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: FTR). Select highlights from the internally released reports are being made available to the general public (included below), with access to the entirety of the research available to new members.
Today, membership is open to readers on a complementary basis at the following URL: http://www.aciassociation.com/?c=FTR
Highlights from our FTR Report include:
- Top Line Performance - In a press release dated August 3, 2015, Frontier Communications Corporation reported Q2 2015 revenue of $1,368 million, up compared to $1,147 million reported in the same quarter prior year, but a decrease from $1,371 million reported in the first quarter of 2015. Connecticut operations revenue amounted to $264 million, which was relatively flat to those reported in Q1 2015. Customer revenue was $1,236 million, representing a sequential growth of 0.3%, reflecting improved trends in the legacy Frontier business, and a stable performance in Connecticut.
- Movement in Subscriber Base Across Segments - The release highlighted that at June 30, 2015, the Company had 3.17 million residential customers. Q2 2015 saw a net loss of 0.6% in residential customers, compared to a net loss of 0.4% in the first quarter of 2015. The average monthly residential revenue per customer of $64.43 however increased 0.5% sequentially. Moreover, the Company had 299,000 business customers at June 30, 2015, representing a net loss of 0.6% of business customers, versus net loss of 1.2% in Q1 2015. The average monthly business revenue per customer was $689.21, up 1.6% sequentially. Further, Q2 2015 saw a continued positive broadband momentum with 29,200 net broadband additions compared to 17,100 net broadband customers added in Q1 2015, thereby representing the tenth consecutive quarter of broadband share gains.
- Improved Profitability - Operating income came in at $193 million while operating income margin stood at 14.1%. This compares to operating income of $163 million and operating income margin of 11.9% in Q1 2015. Net loss narrowed to $28 million or $0.03 per share, compared to a net loss of $51 million or $0.05 per share, in Q1 2015. The non-GAAP adjusted net income for the second quarter of 2015 was $27 million, or $0.03 per share, as compared to $21 million, or $0.02 per share, in the first quarter of 2015.
- Cash Flows - Operating cash flow came in at $528 million, resulting in an operating cash flow margin of 38.6%, vis-a-vis operating cash flow of $504 million and an operating cash flow margin of 36.7% reported in Q1 2015. Free cash flow was $200 million versus $197 million reported in Q1 2015. The Company continued its attractive and sustainable dividend payout ratio of 53% for Q2 2015 (54% for Q1 2015).
- Guidance For Full Year 2015 -The Company is expecting its free cash flow in the range of $825 million to $865 million while capital expenditures for Frontier business operations are estimated to be between $700 million to $750 million. The Company expects that absent any further legislative changes in 2015, 2015 cash taxes will be $95 million to $110 million.
To find out how this influences our rating on Frontier Communications Corporation, read the full report in its entirety here: http://www.aciassociation.com/?c=FTR
About ACI Association:
Active Charter Investors Association ("ACI Association") produces regular sponsored and non-sponsored reports, articles, stock market blogs, and popular investment newsletters covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and micro-cap stocks. ACI Association has two distinct and independent departments. One department produces non-sponsored analyst certified content generally in the form of press releases, articles and reports covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and the other produces sponsored content (in most cases not reviewed by a registered analyst), which typically consists of compensated investment newsletters, articles and reports covering listed stocks and micro-caps. Such sponsored content is outside the scope of procedures detailed below.
ACI Association has not been compensated; directly or indirectly; for producing or publishing this document.
PRESS RELEASE PROCEDURES:
The non-sponsored content contained herein has been prepared by a writer (the "Author") and is fact checked and reviewed by a third party research service company (the "Reviewer"). Rohit Tuli, a CFA® charter holder (the "CFA®"), provides necessary guidance in preparing the document templates. The Reviewer has reviewed and revised the content, as necessary, based on sound investment judgment and publicly available information which is believed to be reliable. The Reviewer and the CFA® have not performed any independent investigations or forensic audits to validate the information herein. Unless otherwise noted, any content outside of this document has no association with the Author, the Reviewer, or the CFA® (collectively referred to as the "Production Team") in any way. The Production Team is compensated on a fixed monthly basis and do not hold any positions of interest in any of the securities mentioned herein.
ACI Association, the Author, the Reviewer and the CFA® (collectively referred to as the "Publishers") are not responsible for any error which may be occasioned at the time of printing of this document or any error, mistake or shortcoming. No liability is accepted by the Publishers whatsoever for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from the use of this document. The Publishers expressly disclaim any fiduciary responsibility or liability for any consequences, financial or otherwise arising from any reliance placed on the information in this document. Additionally, the Publishers do not (1) guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness or correct sequencing of the information, or (2) warrant any results from use of the information. The included information is subject to change without notice.
NOT AN OFFERING
This document is not intended as an offering, recommendation, or a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell the securities mentioned or discussed, and is to be used for informational purposes only. Please read all associated disclosures and disclaimers in full before investing. Neither ACI Association nor any party affiliated with us is a registered investment adviser or broker-dealer with any agency or in any jurisdiction whatsoever. To download our report(s), read our disclosures, or for more information, visit http://www.aciassociation.com/.
ACI Association is not available to residents of Belarus, Cuba, Canada, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria or Somalia. Do not send email to robottrap (at) aciassociation.com.
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by CFA Institute.