SAN JOSE, Calif., July 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- A10 Networks, Inc., the technology leader in Application Networking, today announced its new entry-level A10 Thunder™ Series, extending its family of Unified Application Service Gateways (UASGs) to small/medium business and enterprise customers. Joining the award winning, high-end Thunder 6430(S) and 5430S are the new Thunder 3030S, 1030S and 930, which expand the line of next-generation Application Delivery Controllers (ADCs). All are compact 1 rack-unit (RU) appliances that provide advanced functionality by consolidating premium, all-inclusive application services in a single and easy to manage platform.
"Our new Thunder models extend the expansive benefits of our Unified Application Service Gateway family to the entry-level and mid-range markets," said Lee Chen, Founder and CEO of A10 Networks. "With the new Thunder 3030S, 1030S and 930 UASGs, customers receive additional value to optimize and scale their existing infrastructure, reduce latency and cost through device consolidation, and increase management efficiency."
Today's networks are increasingly complex with many disparate systems that increase latency, complexity and cost. Built on A10's scalable and flexible Advanced Core Operating System (ACOS) architecture, all A10 Thunder UASGs integrate the following modules to provide the most effective solution.
- Application Delivery: Combines next-generation Application Delivery Controller (ADC) and Server Load Balancing (SLB) functionality for optimization and acceleration, full Layer 4-7 support, scalability and availability. Additional advanced modules include Global Server Load Balancing (GSLB) and Application Delivery Partitions (ADPs) for multi-tenancy through virtualization to enable more applications and more services.
- Security: Integrates home-grown services including a Web Application Firewall (WAF) for website protection, DNS Application Firewall (DAF) for DNS infrastructure protection, Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) protection for next-generation attack mitigation, SSL Intercept (SI) to inspect encrypted traffic and Application Access Management (AAM) for pre-authentication.
- Cloud, Software-defined Networking (SDN) and Next Gen Networking: Adds modern data center solutions such as aCloud with billing options for pay-as-you go/grow, SDN solutions including integration with vendors such as NEC for dynamic scaling with Layer 4-7 intelligence for OpenFlow Controllers, Carrier Grade NAT (CGNAT) for IPv4 preservation, and IPv6 solutions including multiple advanced migration options.
The Thunder 3030S, 1030S and 930 include up to 30 percent more capacity, 500 percent more SSL performance and improved hardware, including 10 Gb port connectivity standard on all models, to run more services while increasing capacity for application intelligence and service offload. Increased capacity delivers the ability to offload multiple networking and security tasks. Customers can optimize networks, extend the lifetime of their existing devices, and reduce point solutions for device consolidation and significant CAPEX and OPEX savings. Higher 2048-bit key SSL performance enables customers to run highly secure encrypted sessions pervasively with more applications.
A10 Thunder 3030S – Enterprise UASG
- 750,000 connections per second (CPS), 30 Gbps of application throughput, 14,000 SSL CPS (2048-bit key) and support for up to 64 million concurrent sessions
- Hardware highlights: 4 x 10-Gigabit ports (SFP+), 6 x 1-Gigabit Copper, 2 x 1-Gigabit SFP ports, NITROX III SSL ASIC and 16 GB of RAM
- Maximum power consumption of only 139 Watts
A10 Thunder 1030S – Small Enterprise UASG
- 450,000 CPS, 10 Gbps of application throughput, 7,000 SSL CPS (2048-bit key) and support for up to 32 million concurrent sessions
- Hardware highlights: 2 x 10-Gigabit ports (SFP+), 6 x 1-Gigabit Copper, 2 x 1-Gigabit SFP ports, NITROX III SSL ASIC and 8 GB of RAM
- Maximum power consumption of only 108 Watts
A10 Thunder 930 – Entry-level UASG
- 200,000 CPS, 5 Gbps of application throughput, and support for up to 16 million concurrent sessions
- Hardware highlights: 2 x 10-Gigabit ports (SFP+), 6 x 1-Gigabit Copper, 2 x 1-Gigabit SFP ports and 8 GB of RAM
- Maximum power consumption of only 76 Watts
All new entry-level Thunder appliances include an Intel Ivy Bridge Xeon CPU, solid-state drive (SSD), hot-swap smart fans and 80 Plus "Platinum" efficiency (best-in-class) power supplies. The Thunder 3030S and 1030S also include Lights-out Management (LOM).
A10 Thunder 3030S, 1030S and 930's optimized design delivers the following benefits that lead the Application Networking industry:
- Efficient Performance Value
- A10's scalable ACOS helps reduce the costs to deliver applications to as low as $0.04 per connection without any further costs for features, which is 5x lower than competitors' similarly priced models.
- Maximum Uptime
- Best–in-class hardware and design eliminates down-time. SSDs, no inaccessible moving parts, hot swap smart fans and LOM ensure availability.
- Green Networking
- Highly compact, 1 RU design combined with 80 Plus "Platinum" efficiency power supplies deliver the highest performance per Watt and the lowest overall power usage.
A10 Thunder 3030S, 1030S and 930 include scalable virtualization without any per-instance fees, with support for up to 64 Application Delivery Partitions (ADPs) on a single platform for high-speed hardware multi-tenancy. Each partition can run multiple converged applications or services on demand, further reducing deployment time and cost. With an aVCS (virtual chassis) configuration, the A10 Thunder Series appliances typically increase capacity up to 8x versus legacy solutions, with the additional benefit of a single point of management. Using aVCS with ADP capabilities can increase UASG instance density up to 64x.
"With its new Thunder Series, A10 delivers enormous value by adding additional advanced Application Networking modules into compact, high-performance appliances. Expanding its rock-solid load balancing and industry-leading IPv6 migration solutions, Thunder's new security modules give us even more opportunities to provide value and efficient networking to our customers."
Jeff Doyle, Vice President of Engineering for TorreyPoint
"The rich feature set within A10's next-generation Application Delivery Controllers continues to increase the value of its platforms. For example using A10's high-performance virtualization option allows us to have a single solution to keep our operational costs predictable and simplify our IT environment. A10 ADCs enable us to run Microsoft Exchange 2013, Lync 2013 and Direct Access as different tenants on the same device to meet and exceed service level agreements for all of our users."
George Hamin, Director eBusiness & Information Systems for Subaru Canada, Inc.
A10 Thunder 3030S, 1030S and 930 are available immediately with ACOS 2.7.1-P1.
About A10 Networks
A10 Networks was founded in Q4 2004 with a mission to provide innovative networking and security solutions. A10 Networks makes high-performance products that help organizations accelerate, optimize and secure their applications. A10 Networks is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in the United States, United Kingdom, France, The Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Brazil, Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia. For more information, visit http://www.a10networks.com
A10 Networks, A10 Thunder, vThunder, ACOS, aCloud, aFleX, aXAPI, aVCS, Virtual Chassis, SoftAX, and aFlow are trademarks or registered trademarks of A10 Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
SOURCE A10 Networks, Inc.