ABOTA Presents Lifetime Achievement Award to L.A. Lawyer H. Gilbert Jones
1989 National President honored at National Board Meeting with organization's highest honor
A fixture within ABOTA almost since its inception 50 years ago, Jones is of counsel in the
Jones joins only four others who have received the Lifetime Achievement Award, ABOTA's highest form of recognition honoring an individual whose leadership efforts have advanced the preservation of the right to trial by jury guaranteed by the Seventh Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. As the fifth recipient of the award, he joins
Jones' reputation as a top trial lawyer includes trying to conclusion in more than 175 jury trials earning him the rank of ABOTA Diplomate, ABOTA's highest membership rank. He has handled and argued important cases in the Supreme Court of
"A great organization is never really the work of one person. But
Holcomb described Jones as a "stabilizing voice of reason" who continues to work for the organization well after achieving its highest office, adding that he rarely misses a National Board of Directors meeting and remains active in the Los Angeles Chapter.
Jones recalled his years with ABOTA and talked about importance of the Anglo-American jury system and what it means to be a quality trial lawyer.
"The reality is, you, the ABOTA member, foster the preservation of the jury trial by providing the peaceful resolution of disputes and presenting the facts to a jury - that is the bedrock of our democracy," Jones said. He added that ABOTA is the leading organization for the promulgation and preservation of trial jury.
Jones, who was joined by his wife, Julie, at the presentation, said that while the organization consists of accomplished trial lawyers, he thanked the spouses who have supported ABOTA. "My wife, Julie, has been the real support and inspiration for me through the years," he said. "The spouses and companions have provided the cement that makes this organization as strong as it is."
Areas of practice: Professional liability defense including, medical and legal malpractice, products liability, wrongful termination, bad faith, general business matters and drug cases.
- American Bar Association,
State of California
- Orange County Bar Association
- Diplomate of the American Board of Trial Advocates, 1963
- Fellow of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers, 1973
- Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, 1974
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences
- Southern California Association of Defense Counsel
- Robert Barnyard Inn of Court,
- California Medical/Legal Committee
- Who's Who in the world of Who's Who in
the United Statessince 1975
- Named 1999 California Trial Lawyer of the Year by American Board of Trial Advocates
- Best Lawyers in America by Naifeh and Smith (1983, 1987, 1991, 1993, 1995-1996, 1997-1998, 1999-2000, 2001-2002, 2003-2004, 2005-2006) - Professional Liability, Personal Injury and Business Litigation - In the 1991 edition of Best Lawyers, Mr. Jones was the only defense attorney specializing in tort litigation listed in
Orange County, California, where there were over 11,000 lawyers practicing.
- Survey conducted by Medical Economics in 1985 of leading plaintiff attorneys around the country voted Mr. Jones as one of the six best medical malpractice defense attorneys in
the United States
University of California at Los Angeles, Juris Doctor, 1956 Yale University, Bachelor of Science, 1947
The American Board of Trial Advocates, founded in 1958, is an organization dedicated to defending the American civil justice system. With a membership of 6,300 experienced attorneys representing both plaintiffs and defendants in civil cases, ABOTA is uniquely qualified to speak for the value of the constitutionally mandated jury system as the protector of the rights of persons and property. ABOTA publishes
For more information contact: Brian Tyson at (800) 932-2682 email@example.com
SOURCE American Board of Trial Advocates
More by this Source
Expedited Jury Trials Secure Americans' Precious Right to Trial by Jury
Aug 13, 2013, 13:51 ET
ABOTA Foundation Highlights Importance of Civic Education on Constitution Day
Sep 11, 2013, 16:32 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.