Acorn Stairlifts Partners with TV Doctor to Create Health and Mobility Guide
LEEDS, England, July 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Acorn Stairlifts, a leading stairlift manufacturer, has partnered with television's much loved GP, Dr Hilary Jones, to produce a new information booklet which offers advice and guidance on the value of installing a stairlift in later life.
In an information booklet produced by Acorn Stairlifts called, 'Health and Mobility and how a stairlift can help', Dr Hilary Jones offers his advice and acknowledges the "wonderful feeling of independence" that comes from being able to stay at home.
Acorn Stairlifts' Sales Director Jules Allen said: "We feel it is important that people in later life don't feel there is a stigma attached to having a stairlift installed when the reality is, a stairlift, especially a FastTrack installation which is complete in a matter of hours, can give you the freedom to do many of the things you've enjoyed and taken for granted in life.
"Dr Hilary has kindly offered advice and guidance to offer a supportive and reassuring message to people living with reduced mobility or simply managing the ageing process to help dispel the myths or stigmas around having a stairlift in the home. Whether this is physical, emotional or social, maintaining what is important to you contributes to a healthier and happier lifestyle."
Available by calling 0800 326 5632, the Acorn Stairlift leaflets cover conditions such as Parkinson's, Arthritis and Cancer, and relate to general mobility challenges owing to the natural effects of ageing.
Dr Hilary comments: "Perhaps the greatest challenge to your quality of life can be the threat to your mobility and independence. You want to stay as free to get around and to engage with the world around you as you possibly can, and for as long as possible. For many elderly people, the staircase in their home can be one of the biggest barriers to achieving this.
"This is where a stairlift may really help. I have known many patients who have benefited from having a stairlift fitted and have seen first hand just what a difference it can make to their lives."
How a stairlift can help you
Stairlifts are safe, easy to use, attractively designed, discreet, and surprisingly affordable.
When considering a stairlift, there are a number of benefits and features to think about from the speed of installation to the easy to use controls. With an initial assessment of your home, the skilled engineers will ensure the stairlift system is tailored to fit your needs perfectly.
Acorn provides straight and curved stairlifts as well as its exclusive FastTrack system.
FastTrack for curved stairlifts is a unique modular rail system which can be installed in a matter of hours with minimum mess and disruption. It features a comprehensive range of rail sections and other components which allow the stairlift to be installed efficiently to almost any curved staircase.
The speed of installation of the FastTrack means customers can rapidly regain the freedom to enjoy the full use of their home.
Material used in this article has been taken from the 'Health and Mobility &how a stairlift can help' booklet available from Acorn Stairlifts, request your copy by selecting the link.
Acorn Stairlifts is the first stairlift company to earn the Ease-of-Use Commendation from the Arthritis Foundation. The commendation programme encourages manufacturers to design user-friendly products that could be recommended to millions of people living with arthritis.
Notes to editors:
- Acorn Stairlifts is a world leader in the manufacture, installation and innovation of stairlifts
- Acorn Stairlifts is based at Steeton, West Yorkshire and has sales and service staff based throughout the UK
- Acorn Stairlifts produces around 50,000 stairlifts at its UK factories
- Acorn Stairlifts provides the fastest installation of stairlifts for curved staircases in the world - in some cases within 24 hours
- Acorn Stairlifts is the only company that uses a modular rail system to install stairlifts for curved staircases. Using its FastTrack service, an installer arrives in a Sprinter van containing various shapes and sizes of rail pieces and fits them together in the customer's home
- Acorn Stairlifts is a British manufacturer with an international and nationwide service of expert installers
- Acorn Stairlifts are precision manufactured, and designed and assembled in the UK
- Every 11 minutes someone's life is given a lift by installing an Acorn Stairlift
For further media information please contact Jennifer Isles at Approach PR on +44(0)1943-603805 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Acorn Stairlifts