"Igniting Innovation showcases exciting innovations for all levels of government from a community of entrepreneurs across government, industry, and academia. Last year, we were honored to have over 140 submissions and nearly 400 attendees. The event provides well deserved recognition to the nominees and award winners and promotes sharing innovative approaches across government," said Judy Douglas, chair of ACT-IAC's Institute for Innovation.
The criteria for submitting a nomination is that innovations must have been conceived, developed, deployed or upgraded in the last two years to be eligible. Nominations will be reviewed by a panel of government and industry executives who will select the Top 40 finalists. Submissions from individuals and organizations in both the government and private sectors are welcomed by December 16, 2016.
Previous winners include:
- MyUSCIS, new digital services about how to apply for immigration benefits, preparing for naturalization, and finding citizenship preparation classes and doctors.
- IdentityTheft.gov, a secure online service to help identity theft victims rapidly file a complaint, get a personalized guide to recovery, and alert police, credit bureaus, and the IRS.
- Health Map, an online tool that aggregates over 200,000 data sources to monitor disease outbreaks and public health threats like the recent Ebola and Zika outbreaks.
- Ares Mobile Biometric Solution, light-weight, mobile solution that enables law enforcement personnel to get near-real time identity information on suspects they encounter in the field.
- DHS Pushbutton PD. An easy to use tool to rapidly capture and package position requirements that can be easily integrated into agencies' HR processes.
Igniting Innovation 2017 will be held in March 2017 in Washington, D.C. The event will celebrate the best and brightest innovators working to improve the business of government.
To nominate an innovation or learn more about the Igniting Innovation 2017 Showcase and Awards, visit: http://www.actiac.org/ignitinginnovation2017.
About ACT-IAC – Advancing Government Through Education, Collaboration and Action
ACT-IAC is a non-profit educational organization established to create a more effective and innovative government. ACT-IAC provides a unique, objective, and trusted forum where government and industry executives work together to improve public services and agency operations through the use of technology. ACT-IAC contributes to better communications between government and industry, collaborative and innovative problem solving, and a more professional and qualified workforce.
About ACT-IAC – Institute for Innovation
The ACT-IAC Institute for Innovation was created in 2011 to provide a place for thought leaders from government and industry to address high priority, game-changing issues. The Institute for Innovation is chartered to promote innovation in the delivery of government services and operations. It develops and delivers high quality strategic advice that reflects cross-industry recommendations base on the consensus of experts from ACT-IAC's member companies and government advisors and liaisons.
Learn more about our organization and how to become a member at http://www.actiac.org or call (703) 208-4800. Connect with ACT-IAC Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160120/324086LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/act-iac-announces-igniting-innovation-2017-showcase-and-awards-300354427.html
SOURCE American Council for Technology