BOSTON, July 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Actifio, the copy data virtualization company, recently hosted 12 enterprise technology thought leaders for a Tech Field Day technical deep dive session at its worldwide headquarters in Waltham, MA. Led by Actifio's CEO Ash Ashutosh, VP of Solutions Architecture Bryan Achilles, and VP of Product Marketing Chandra Reddy, the session provided Tech Field Day's delegates with a look under the hood of Actifio's technology through presentations and demonstrations showing the range of use cases and capabilities.
Ashutosh kicked proceedings off by providing historical context on the genesis of the copy data problem that Actifio's Copy Data Virtualization™ technology solves, before Reddy and Achilles discussed the architecture of the solution in more detail. Delegates were then afforded unique insights into two of Actifio's latest solutions: Actifio Resiliency Director 6.2, which introduces extensive automation functionality to improve the Disaster Recovery (DR) process, and Actifio Global Manager, a web-scale data virtualization solution for the simple access to, and management of, application data. The session concluded with demos of Actifio Global Manager accessing databases on Oracle and Ansible infrastructure, and Actifio's ReadyVault with Object Storage functionality.
Tech Field Day is a series run by Gestalt IT, which brings together innovative IT product vendors and a select group of independent thought leaders, allowing them to get to know one another. Attendance is by invitation only; delegates are subject matter experts, IT bloggers and others selected based on the independence of their critical thinking and discussion, their knowledge of technology, their contribution to the advancement and sharing of knowledge in the technology community and their ability to add to the Field Day discussion.
Tech Field Day 11 brought together a diverse range of delegates from different disciplines around the world:
- Alastair Cooke, IT infrastructure trainer, writer and consultant, New Zealand
- Andreas Lesslhumer, blogger at Running-System.com, Austria
- Arjan Timmerman, principal consultant at Metis IT, Netherlands
- Drew Conry-Murray, content director at Packet Pushers, Philadelphia, PA
- Howard Marks, storage analyst and journalist for DeepStorage.net, Santa Fe, NM
- Joep Piscaer, blogger at VirtualLifestyle.nl, IT architect at OGD ict-diensten, Netherlands
- Jon Hildebrand, 15 year IT veteran focused on orchestration and automation, Kansas City, MO
- Julian Wood, enterprise infrastructure architect and blogger at WoodITWork.com, UK
- Mariusz Kaczorek, systems architect and vExpert, Poland
- Mark May, storage, data center and virtualization expert, Cincinnati, OH
- Matthew Leib, long time engineer and presales architect specializing in storage, virtualization and cloud orchestrations, Evanston, IL
- Raff Poltronieri, cloud specialist at Clouditalia Telecomunicazioni, Italy
"As more and more vendors recognize the copy data problem we first highlighted in 2009, it's getting harder for enterprise customers to distinguish the sizzle from the steak," said Actifio Founder & CEO Ash Ashutosh. "Tech Field Day gave us a unique opportunity to engage a group of industry thought leaders in exploring the full range of capabilities necessary to make enterprise data available anywhere, instantly, always. It was also a chance to show off the incredible progress we've made building a dedicated platform to tackle that problem at scale over the last 7 years, something we rarely do out in the open like this."
For more information on Tech Field Day 11's visit to Actifio, read here: http://www.actifio.com/company/blog/post/tech-field-day-11/
For more information on the latest version of Actifio Resiliency Director, visit: http://www.actifio.com/technology/solutions-architecture/resiliency-director/
Actifio virtualizes the data that's the lifeblood of businesses in more than 30 countries around the world. Its Virtual Data Pipeline™ technology enables businesses to protect, access, and move their data faster, more efficiently, and more simply by decoupling data from physical storage, much the same way a hypervisor decouples compute from physical servers. For enterprise-class backup modernization, self-serve instant data access, or service provider business transformation, Actifio is the first and only choice for radically simple copy data virtualization. For more, visit Actifio.com or follow us on Twitter @Actifio.
Callum Gibson Durr
Bite for Actifio
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/actifio-provides-rare-technology-deep-dive-for-tech-field-day-11-300294201.html