Ad Council Launches First Global Online Auction to Benefit 50 National Public Service Campaigns Auction Items Include a Tour of The Weather Channel Studios and Opportunity to Report the Weather On-Air, VIP Access at the BET Awards and One-On-One Power Lunches with Industry Leaders
NEW YORK, May 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Ad Council is launching its first auction on Charitybuzz, a global charity auction website, with support from prominent leaders across the advertising, media and entertainment industries. The auction is open to bidders internationally from May 1 through May 22 at Charitybuzz.com/AdCouncil. Proceeds will support the Ad Council and the organization's work done on behalf of 50 national public service campaigns.
"It is truly an honor to have so many of our board members and friends come forward to offer exclusive experiences in support of the Ad Council," said Peggy Conlon, president and CEO of the Ad Council. "The Ad Council fundraises to underwrite the important work we do for our campaigns. Working with Charitybuzz's extensive community of bidders gives us the opportunity to expand our base of funders and continue to grow the tools and services to increase the impact on behalf of our critical issues."
Ad Council campaigns address issues including Autism Awareness, Child Hunger, Bullying Prevention, Recycling and Texting and Driving. All campaigns are created pro bono by leading advertising agencies across the country and are run in time and space donated by the media. Donations from corporate and individual donors provide support for the Ad Council's infrastructure, as well as specific programs on behalf of campaigns.
The ten exclusive experiences up for auction at Charitybuzz.com/AdCouncil give bidders the chance to:
- Receive the Ultimate BET Awards Package, Including Orchestra seats for the BET Awards, After Party Access, Tickets to The Roots & Friends Concert and More From June 27 through 29, 2014 in LA
- Tour The Weather Channel Studios in Atlanta with Chairman & CEO David Kenny, Including the Chance to Report the Weather from your Hometown
- Have Lunch with NBA Commissioner Adam Silver and Others at NBA's Offices
- Have Lunch with Marlo Thomas at the 21 Club in NYC
- Attend the Annual Star-Studded Ad Council Gala on November 19, 2014 as a Personal Guest of Laura Desmond, CEO of Starcom MediaVest Group, Sitting at a VIP table Including the Award Honoree and Other VIPs
- Have Breakfast with Andrew Robertson, President & CEO, BBDO Worldwide, at Michael's in NYC
- Have Coffee with Tim Armstrong, Chairman and CEO of AOL, Including a Personal Tour of HuffPost Live and Leave with a Taped Interview from the Set
- Have Lunch at Facebook Headquarters with David Fischer, VP of Advertising and Global Operations, Facebook, including a Personal Tour of Facebook Headquarters for three guests
- Have Lunch with Richard Edelman, President & CEO, Edelman, at the Harvard Club in NYC
- Have Lunch with Debra Lee, Chairman and CEO, BET Networks
The Ad Council
The Ad Council is a private, non-profit organization with a rich history of marshalling volunteer talent from the advertising and media industries to deliver critical messages to the American public. Having produced literally thousands of PSA campaigns addressing the most pressing social issues of the day, the Ad Council has affected, and continues to affect, tremendous positive change by raising awareness, inspiring action and saving lives. To learn more about the Ad Council and its campaigns, visit www.adcouncil.org, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or view our PSAs on YouTube.
Charitybuzz raises funds for nonprofits around the globe through online auctions with the world's most recognizable celebrities and brands. Featuring access to acclaimed actors and musicians, business and political leaders, sports stars, luxury travel, couture fashion, rare memorabilia and more, Charitybuzz brings its online community of bidders exclusive opportunities to live their dreams and make a difference. Since launching, Charitybuzz has raised more than $100 million for charity. To learn more, visit www.Charitybuzz.com, like us on Facebook at http://www.Facebook.com/Charitybuzz or follow us on Twitter at @Charitybuzz.
SOURCE Ad Council