Addicted to Discounts: The Holiday Deals Have Just Begun Shoppers Will Celebrate in December as Retailers Double Down on Holiday Sales
AUSTIN, Texas, Dec. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Black Friday and Cyber Monday created the best shopping week in years – for consumers, according to Offers.com. Lower confidence in the economy, six fewer shopping days and fierce competition will drive stores to continue offering deep discounts through Christmas.
"The stores are scared, so the sales frenzy will continue," said Offers.com CEO Steve Schaffer. "This truly is a great time to be a consumer. If you didn't get the doorbusters you wanted over the Holiday Sales Weekend, you still have plenty of chances to find similar deals as we get closer to the holidays."
Heavy discounting may put pressure on retailers' bottom lines, but it is bringing smiles to the faces of shoppers. With Black Friday no longer a one-day event as retailers expand sales across the entire holiday season, deal-hungry consumers will have more opportunities than ever before. It's all in the headlines:
- Black Friday sales results: Online shoppers were in the majority Examiner.com: Nov. 30, 2013
- Black Friday Weekend 'Very Busy'; Thanksgiving Sales Break Record, LATimes.com: Dec. 1, 2013
- Black Friday Becoming Black Thanksgiving Weekend, Billboard.com: Dec. 1, 2013
Holiday Savings Tips from Offers.com
Black Friday and Cyber Monday may be over, but the savings will last right up to Christmas Day, and even after:
- Just because a store says something is a great deal doesn't make it true. Do your research.
- There are only a couple of weeks left to get free shipping from most online stores.
- Check Offers.com every day for the best holiday deals.
Items That Get Cheaper as the Holidays Approach
- Winter Apparel: Prices on winter apparel drop significantly as the season progresses. If you can handle last year's wardrobe for a few more weeks, wait to buy this year's winter clothing.
- Holiday Decor: The closer it is to Christmas, the cheaper decorations will get. For the deepest discounts, buy decorations after Christmas and store them away until next year.
- Toys: The price of toys will continue to decline up until the week after Christmas. Waiting to buy a toy risks it being sold out, but if you find what you need, you'll keep extra money in your pocket.
- Small Appliances: Some small appliances will reach extremely low prices as the holidays approach. Be picky with these sales, though. Make sure you're buying a quality brand and compare prices.
"For the remainder of the season, the best deals will change on a daily basis," Schaffer said. "Offers.com always finds those deals for you, and this year we've created a page that will be updated daily to show the Top Deals."
For more information on holiday savings opportunities visit:
Offers.com is a leading online destination for consumers to save time and money. Each day we serve up the top coupon codes, product deals and other offers from more than 6,000 stores and brands. Offers.com has about 50,000 of the best offers in 300 categories including clothing, electronics, household goods, credit cards and many more. This includes product deals and technology from sister site DailyDeals.com, which was rolled into Offers.com in 2013. Offers are verified, rated and updated daily by the Offers.com deal experts and community. We even let users customize and share offers they like with a personal Offers Page. The company, founded in 2009, is based in Austin, Texas.