SUNNYVALE, Calif., Jan. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB) announced today that AECOM, one of the world's largest providers of professional, technical and management support services for transportation, facilities, environment, energy, water and government, will deploy several solutions from Trimble's Design-Build-Operate (DBO) software portfolio to improve project workflows, increase visibility and accuracy, and enhance team collaboration for construction projects.
The multi-year agreement covers a variety of software offered by Trimble Buildings, a Trimble group focused on making the construction industry significantly more productive through advanced, accessible, and intuitive technologies for project professionals and stakeholders. AECOM has opted to procure Trimble software on a subscription basis, allowing the company flexibility to easily scale its active subscriptions in line with project and program needs around the globe.
In addition, AECOM will expand its current use of Trimble's Proliance® enterprise capital program management software. The software combines capital planning, project and program management, business process management and analytics into one system of record, enabling asset owners to control program delivery and track how their real estate, construction and facilities portfolios are performing across the plan-build-operate lifecycle. AECOM will use Proliance as a platform to support more efficient standardization of large project and program management assignments globally.
AECOM also plans to provide on-demand access to the following software across its organization to deliver a powerful, synchronized suite of services to its client base:
- SketchUp Pro – the construction professional's version of the world's most popular 3D modeling tool used for creating, updating and communicating designs in 3D.
- Tekla Structures – the premier BIM (Building Information Modeling) tool for the creation and management of constructible 3D models from conceptual design to material fabrication, erection, and site management.
- Vico Office – virtual construction software, augmenting 3D models with constructability analysis and coordination, location-based quantity takeoff, 4D (time) scheduling and production control, and 5D (cost) estimating.
- WinEst – powerful database-driven software that uses a highly flexible spreadsheet for creating, adjusting and presenting cost estimates.
- Modelogix – software for collecting and analyzing past-project data and generating comprehensive cost models for future projects.
- Prolog® – project-management and cost-control software for general contractors and construction managers.
- Quantm® – alignment planning software that integrates engineering, environmental, social and economic factors into simultaneous analysis of alternatives for rail and road planning.
- Trimble AutoBid® Mechanical – labor and material estimating software for commercial mechanical, piping, and plumbing contractors.
- Trimble Accubid® Enterprise Estimating – a server-based, spec-driven estimating platform for electrical, industrial mechanical and ITS contractors.
- Plancal Nova – offers integrated CAD/BIM and engineering calculations in one unified system, with advanced functionality developed specifically for building services firms.
"Our strategic relationship with Trimble is an important component of AECOM's commitment to deliver integrated project delivery technology and services to our customers and to expand our competitive edge," said Tom Peck, AECOM chief information officer. "The solutions in Trimble's DBO portfolio strongly align with AECOM's business and will enable us to continuously improve our project efficiencies and workflows."
"Global firms such as AECOM—whose program and project portfolios span multiple years, teams and geographies—represent the complexities of today's construction industry," added Bryn Fosburgh, vice president at Trimble. "Trimble Buildings was organized to address these complexities by providing advanced solutions to streamline communication and collaboration across the construction supply chain. We're excited to collaborate with a customer whose vision of service to the construction industry so closely matches our own."
AECOM intends to leverage Trimble solutions to systemize many of the core processes in the DBO continuum, with the core goal of improving accuracy, increasing efficiency and delivering higher-quality projects to its clients. Samples include:
- Real-time program and project performance. Executive dashboards can track the overall health of a construction project with at-a-glance project status and early-issue alerts, and also illustrate key elements by project stage, including cost and schedule performance.
- BIM and design management. 3D modeling, 4D (scheduling) and 5D (costing) tools with clash detection capability enable management and analysis early in the design process, rather than in the field during construction. Automated quantity takeoff based on 3D models makes estimating more efficient and accurate—even as projects evolve.
- Precision data for office and field. 3D modeling tools can be used by fabricators to ensure precise production and assembly of critical components, such as beams or trusses. Measurements can be downloaded into the core model prior to manufacturing, improving accuracy and saving time compared to manual data entry.
AECOM will begin deploying Trimble's DBO software and solutions beginning in 2014.
AECOM is a global provider of professional technical and management support services for a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government. With approximately 45,000 employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves. AECOM provides a blend of global experience, local knowledge, innovation, and technical excellence in delivering solutions that enhance and sustain the world's built, natural and social environments. A Fortune 500 company, AECOM serves clients in more than 140 countries and had revenue of $8.2 billion during the 12 months ended Sept. 30, 2013. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About Trimble Buildings Group
Trimble Buildings, a part of Trimble's Engineering and Construction segment, is a world leader in technology for construction project optimization across the DBO lifecycle. With solutions that span the brands of Meridian Systems, Plancal, SketchUp, Tekla, Trade Service, Vico Software, and WinEst, Trimble helps the construction industry improve productivity, increase efficiencies and maximize the profitability of projects, from simulation to renovation. Used in over 140 countries around the world and supported by a global dealer and distribution partner network, Trimble technology is a mainstay of the building industry. Information on Trimble Buildings' DBO portfolio is available at: http://buildings.trimble.com.
Trimble applies technology to make field and mobile workers in businesses and government significantly more productive. Solutions are focused on applications requiring position or location—including surveying, construction, agriculture, fleet and asset management, public safety and mapping. In addition to utilizing positioning technologies, such as GPS, lasers and optics, Trimble solutions may include software content specific to the needs of the user. Wireless technologies are utilized to deliver the solution to the user and to ensure a tight coupling of the field and the back office. Founded in 1978, Trimble is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. For more information, visit: www.trimble.com.