MEXICO CITY, April 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Grupo Aeromexico S.A.B de C.V. ("Aeromexico") (BMV: AEROMEX), the largest airline in Mexico, today reported its unaudited consolidated results for the first quarter 2014.
KEY FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS FOR THE FIRST QUARTER 2014
- Grupo Aeromexico reported total revenues of $9.777 billion pesos; a 6.6% year-on-year increase.
- The cost of available seat kilometers (CASK) excluding fuel decreased 3.6% year-on-year in the first quarter 2014, representing the fifth consecutive quarter with a year-on-year decrease in this indicator.
- First quarter 2014 EBITDAR reached $1.393 billion pesos, with a 14.2% margin. Operating income was $31 million pesos.
- Grupo Aeromexico reported a net loss of $90 million pesos in the first quarter 2014, which compares favorably to the net loss of $122 million reported in the first quarter of 2013.
- Grupo Aeromexico retired two Boeing 737-700 from its fleet, both under a pure lease agreement. Grupo Aeromexico's operating fleet therefore consisted of 115 aircraft as of March 31, 2014.
- First quarter load factor reached 79.3%; a 5.8 percentage point increase compared to the first quarter of 2013.
To access the full text of this earnings release, please visit our Investor Relations website at: http://www.aeromexico.com/investors/welcome.html
Grupo Aeromexico will hold its first quarter 2014 results conference call on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 11:00 am U.S. ET (10:00 am Mexico City Time). The conference call can be accessed by dialing US/International: +1 (719) 325-2406 or Mexico: 001 (800) 514-5956 and entering Call ID: 9136853.
Safe Harbor Statement
This release contains forward-looking statements regarding the Company's results and business prospects. The readers should know that the results obtained may differ from that stated on this release. Past performances do not guarantee the behavior of future performances. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any of these statements, either as a result of new information, future actions or other related events.
About Grupo Aeromexico
Grupo Aeromexico, S.A.B. Ltd., is a holding company whose subsidiaries are engaged in commercial aviation in Mexico and the promotion of passenger loyalty programs. It has a fleet of Boeing 777, 767, 737 and the latest models of Embraer 145, 170 and 190. As of 2011, an important expansion plan began that includes the incorporation of 20 new planes and properties over the next 24 months. In 2012, Aeromexico announced that it signed a letter of intent to purchase 100 Boeing aircraft, 90 Boeing 737 MAX and 10 Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner, making it the largest investment program in Mexican aviation history.
Grupo Aeromexico operates its main hub out of Terminal 2 in the Mexico City International Airport. The Group's airlines operate more than 600 daily flights to different cities in Mexico, the United States, Canada, Central and South America, as well as Europe and Asia.
SOURCE Grupo Aeromexico S.A.B. de C.V.