DUBLIN, Apr. 25, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Africa Two-Wheeler Market By Vehicle Type (Motorcycle vs. Scooter), By Country (South Africa, Nigeria, Tanzania, Kenya, Algeria, Uganda, Egypt, Morocco, Angola and Ethiopia), Competition Forecast & Opportunities, 2011-2021" report to their offering.
The two-wheeler market in Africa is projected to cross $9 billion by 2021
Motorcycle segment accounted for the lion's share in Africa two-wheeler market in 2015, and the same trend is anticipated to continue during forecast period.
Majority of the countries in Africa are registering huge demand for two-wheelers, owing to the lack of reliable public transportation system. Growing urbanization is another major reason driving demand for two-wheelers in Africa. Consequently, leading global two-wheeler manufacturers, especially the ones based in India, are targeting various countries across the African continent. With more than 45% of the African population residing in urban areas in 2015, and the number expected to further increase in the coming years, demand for two-wheelers in the region is forecast to grow during 2016-2021.
In Africa, motorcycle taxis, which are locally known as Boda Boda, are playing a crucial role in driving the sales of two-wheelers. Motorcycle taxis are being used for carrying goods and passengers to distant places in a growing number of countries across Africa. Their ubiquitous presence in African countries is the result of several factors including an increasing demand for public transit, easy two-wheeler financing, and increasing influx of cheap imports from Indian manufacturers.
Major factors leading to an increasing number of consumers opting for motorcycles in Africa include quicker acceleration, larger fuel tank, higher engine capacity, larger wheel base and easy maintenance. South Africa, Nigeria and Tanzania are the largest two-wheeler markets in Africa, followed by Kenya, Algeria, Uganda, Egypt, Morocco, Angola and Ethiopia.
Africa Two-Wheeler Market report elaborates following aspects of two-wheeler market in Africa:
- Africa Two-Wheeler Market Size, Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis - By Vehicle Type (Motorcycle Vs. Scooter), By Country (South Africa, Nigeria, Tanzania, Kenya, Algeria, Uganda, Egypt, Morocco, Angola, and Ethiopia)
- Policy & Regulatory Landscape
- Changing Market Trends and Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape and Strategic Recommendations
Key Topics Covered:
1. Product Overview
2. Research Methodology
3. Analyst View
4. Africa Two-Wheeler Market Outlook
5. South Africa Two-Wheeler Market Outlook
6. Nigeria Two-Wheeler Market Outlook
7. Tanzania Two-Wheeler Market Outlook
8. Kenya Two-Wheeler Market Outlook
9. Algeria Two-Wheeler Market Outlook
10. Uganda Two-Wheeler Market Outlook
11. Egypt Two-Wheeler Market Outlook
12. Morocco Two-Wheeler Market Outlook
13. Angola Two-Wheeler Market Outlook
14. Ethiopia Two-Wheeler Market Outlook
15. Strategic Recommendations
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/znlkf3/africa
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/africa-two-wheeler-motorcycle-vs-scooter-market-competition-forecast--opportunities-2021---research-and-markets-300444172.html
SOURCE Research and Markets