LONDON, March 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Changing Lifestyle and Health Awareness-Growth Stimulators of the Nutrient Industry
The expanding baby boomer population and the rising geriatric population in the United States and Europe will continue to impact decision-making strategies among global healthcare systems. In addition, changing lifestyles have resulted in chronic diseases, which has boosted the need for healthcare services and post-treatment care. To cater to market demand, nutrition-based solutions and product innovations are on the rise. In this first edition of the Agriculture & Nutrition Opportunity Engine Series, 3 market growth opportunities are explored in-detail; the global Omega-3 Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) ingredients market, the US market for calcium and vitamin D supplements, and the European and US market for lutein & zeaxanthin ingredients. The global Omega-3 EPA and DHA ingredients market will reach $2,181.7 million by 2017, growing at a year-on-year growth rate of 3.9%. The US market for calcium and vitamin D supplements will register a year-on-year growth rate of 4.1% and reach $1,702.9 million by 2017. Finally, The European and US market for lutein & zeaxanthin ingredients will reach $223.1 million by 2017, growing at a year-on-year growth rate of 7.1%
This study focuses on the nutritional ingredient growth opportunities that emerge as a consequence of the 'greying' of Europe and North America. The market size for 2016 is provided for each segment and is forecast for 2017.
- The regional scope of the Omega-3 EPA + DHA ingredients market is global, and the end-application segments considered are dietary supplements, infant formula, pharmaceuticals, food & beverage, pet food, and others (clinical nutrition and personal care).
- The regional scope of the calcium and vitamin D supplements market is the United States, with a focus on dietary supplements as an end-application segment.
- The regional scope of the lutein and zeaxanthin ingredients market is the United States and Europe, with a focus on dietary supplements as the primary end-application segment.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- What does the future of the Omega-3 EPA+DHA ingredients, the calcium and vitamin D supplements, and the lutein and zeaxanthin ingredients markets look like, and what key challenges will impact the ability of these ingredients to feed the world in 2017 and beyond?
- How do macroeconomic factors determine supply and demand for Omega-3 EPA+DHA ingredients, calcium and vitamin D supplements, and lutein and zeaxanthin ingredients and their impact on the final consumer?
- What are the most important enabling technologies in the Omega-3 EPA+DHA ingredients, the calcium and vitamin D supplements, and the lutein and zeaxanthin ingredients value chains that will see the greatest growth, and how are these likely to change in future?
- What are the primary consumer factors that will contribute to the overall growth of Omega-3 EPA+DHA ingredients, the calcium and vitamin D supplements, and the lutein and zeaxanthin ingredients markets?
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4729593/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/agriculture-and-nutrition-opportunity-engine-series-trends-and-opportunities-in-the-health-ingredients-market-300418854.html