AIA Post-Grant Patent Practice Conference - February 19-20
Bloomberg BNA and the International Intellectual Property Institute will Convene Administrative Patent Judges and Leading Practitioners to Explore the America Invents Act at a Two-Day Conference in Arlington, VA
ARLINGTON, Va., Feb. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The America Invents Act has led to significant changes in the American patent system, including the expansion of post-grant patent review. Bloomberg BNA, in cooperation with the International Intellectual Property Institute, is hosting a two-day, CLE credit-eligible conference that will address the fundamentals of the new procedure as well as the major effect the new reviews could have on patent litigation.
More than 30 prominent judges, lawyers and academics are scheduled to speak, including:
- Hon. Pauline Newman, Circuit Judge, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Hon. Randall R. Rader, Chief Judge, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- John M. Whealan, Dean, George Washington University
- Sharon A. Israel, Mayer Brown LLP
- David L. Cavanaugh, Chair, Post-Grant Patent Proceedings Group, Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr LLP
- Michael R. Fleming, Miles & Stockbridge P.C. and a former Chief Administrative Patent Judge, USPTO
- Nancy J. Linck, Rothwell Figg, Ernst & Manbeck, P.C., and a former Solicitor for the USPTO
- Hans Sauer, Deputy General Counsel for Intellectual Property, Biotechnology Industry Organization
- Carol A. Spiegel, Rothwell Figg, Ernst & Manbeck, P.C. and a former administrative Patent Judge
- Bruce H. Stoner, Jr., Greenblum & Bernstein, P.L.C. and a former Chief Administrative Patent Judge
The conference, to be held on February 19 and 20, 2014 at the Bloomberg BNA offices in Arlington, VA, will provide an overview of the statutory and regulatory basis for post-grant practice and will feature mock demonstrations with prominent attorneys in the field. Luncheons are scheduled for both days and Hon. Randall Rader and Hon. Pauline Newman of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit will be the keynote speakers. For a full agenda, please go to: http://www.bna.com/aia-postgrant-patent-l17179880314/
About Bloomberg BNA
Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance - the information that matters most to professionals. Bloomberg BNA's authoritative coverage spans the full range of legal practice areas, including tax and accounting, labor and - employment, intellectual property, banking and securities, employee benefits, health care, privacy and data security, human resources, and environment, health and safety.
About International Intellectual Property Institute
The International Intellectual Property Institute (IIPI) is a 501(c) (3) not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing awareness and understanding of the use of intellectual property as a tool for economic growth, particularly in developing countries. With support from the United States government, private corporations, foreign governments and other non-governmental organizations, IIPI is working with its partners to improve intellectual policy making, enforcement and utilization worldwide. Since 1998, IIPI has been engaged in a wide variety of activities both domestically and abroad, including critical research, policy and training workshops, technical assistance and in-depth research for public and private stakeholders.
SOURCE Bloomberg BNA