Alliance for Regenerative Medicine Names Executive Committee
Dedicated to advancing scientific research in regenerative medicine
WASHINGTON, Oct. 5 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The charter members of the Alliance for Regenerative Medicine (Alliance) approved bylaws, and elected officers and an executive committee at its first official meeting on September 22nd. The mission of the Alliance is to promote regulatory, research, and reimbursement policies that will foster innovation in regenerative medicine and lead to transformative clinical outcomes for patients.
The new officers of the Alliance are:
Chair - John Walker: Chief Executive Officer, iPierian
Vice Chair - Anthony Atala, MD: W.H. Boyce Professor, Director of the Institute for Regenerative Med. and chair of the Dept. of Urology at Wake Forest University
Secretary - Leona Brenner-Gati, MD: Vice President of Science and Technology, Johnson & Johnson's Corporate Office of Science and Technology
Treasurer - Dean Tozer: Senior Vice President, Advanced BioHealing
The Alliance's first executive committee includes:
- Dr. Anthony Atala: Director, Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine
- Dr. Leona Brenner-Gati: Vice President, Corp. Office of Science and Tech., J&J
- Ray Cypess: President and CEO, ATCC
- Doug Doerfler: President and CEO, MaxCyte
- Ed Field: President & COO, Aldagen
- Gary Kurtzman: Managing Director, Life Sciences, Safeguard Scientifics
- Alan Lewis: President, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Martin McGlynn: President and CEO, Stem Cells Inc.
- John McNeish: Executive Director, Regenerative Medicine, Pfizer
- Dr. George Muschler: Vice Chair, Orthopedic and Rheumatologic Inst., Cleveland Clinic
- Dr. Steven Nichtberger: President and CEO, Tengion
- Jon Obermeyer: Executive Director, Regenerative Medicine Foundation
- Dr. Tom Okarma: President and CEO, Geron
- Dr. Beth Seidenberg: Partner, Kleiner, Perkins, Caufield, and Byers
- Bernard Siegel: Executive Director, Genetics Policy Institute
- Dean Tozer: Senior Vice President, Advanced BioHealing
- John Walker: President and CEO, iPierian
- Scott Wolchko: Chief Financial Officer, Fate Therapeutics
"I am delighted and honored to serve as the first chairman of the Alliance for Regenerative Medicine. The regenerative medicine community needs a strong and focused political voice and I am confident that this group of leading companies, research institutions, and non-profits that has come together will do just that," stated John Walker, CEO and president of iPierian and the newly elected Chair of the Alliance. "With the accelerating pace of development in regenerative medicine and new therapeutic advancements being introduced into the clinic at an ever increasing rate, it has never been more important that the companies and researchers involved in this field work together," added Dr. Anthony Atala, vice chair of the Alliance and the W.H. Boyce Professor, Director of the Institute for Regenerative Medicine and chair of the Department of Urology at Wake Forest University.
The charter members of the Alliance include: foundations and non-profits such as the Foundation for Regenerative Medicine, the Genetics Policy Institute, the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, the Association of Clinical Research Organizations, and the New York Stem Cell Foundation; research institutions such as the Cleveland Clinic and the Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine; leading regenerative medicine life sciences companies Advanced BioHealing, Aldagen, ATTC The Global Bioresource Center, Geron, Fate Therapeutics, iPierian, Johnson & Johnson, Life Technologies, MaxCyte, Organovo, Pfizer Inc, Stem Cells Inc., Tengion, and Transgeneron Therapeutics; and investor organizations Kleiner, Perkins, Caufield and Byers, Proteus Ventures, Safeguard Scientific, and Toucan Capital.
"One of our first orders of business will be to establish a dialogue with the FDA and to work with Congress, and other parts of the Administration overseeing this field to help ensure safe and timely access to these new therapies," explained Dr. Leona Brenner-Gati, a newly elected officer of the Alliance and Vice President of Science and Technology at Johnson and Johnson.
In addition to its advocacy mission, the Alliance will serve as a source of information about regenerative medicine for policy makers, the media, and the general public. For more information about the Alliance, please visit the Alliance website at www.alliancerm.org or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For specific questions please contact Michael Werner at email@example.com (202.419.2515) or Morrie Ruffin at firstname.lastname@example.org (301.328.1048).
SOURCE Alliance for Regenerative Medicine
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.