Altair Semiconductor Announces LTE Baseband Processor - FourGee(TM)-3100
Power efficient chipset developed for mobile handsets, data cards/dongles and other embedded devices
The FourGee(TM)-3100, which will be available in Q409, is a fully optimized LTE CAT-3 baseband processor that will operate with devices from mobile handsets, data cards and USB dongles to various handheld consumer electronics devices. The FourGee(TM)-3100 is bundled with a complete LTE L1 and protocol stack.
"The FourGee(TM)-3100 is a key element of our larger LTE product portfolio, which, as previously announced, will include both baseband and RF transceiver chips," said
Altair's LTE chipsets are architected using the company's proprietary and market-proven O2P(TM)software-defined 4G processor, which offers extremely high performance at unmatched power consumption levels. The FourGee(TM)-3100 will join Altair's existing products, the FourGee(TM)-2150 for mobile WiMAX, and the FourGee(TM)-4150, for XGP, both recognized as leaders in their respective markets for high performance and power efficiency.
"There is a strong need in the industry today for a small form factor, ASIC based solution for User Equipment (UE)," said
Altair's FourGee(TM)-3100 Feature Highlights Include:
- Suitable for integration in devices such as mobile handsets, data cards/dongles, consumer electronic devices and other embedded devices
- Support of LTE category 3 (CAT-3) throughputs (100Mbps/50Mbps DL/UL respectively)
- Two 20MHz MIMO receive chains and one transmit chain
- Ultra-low power consumption in operational and standby modes
- High-speed, programmable interface to industry standard HSPA/EVDO baseband and applications processors, enabling a true multi-mode LTE+3G solution
- Based on Altair's proprietary, cutting edge signal processing engine, O2P(TM)
- Seamless interfaces with Altair's multi-band LTE RFIC lineup
- Small 8x8mm BGA package
- Complemented with a robust, comprehensive and interoperated L1 and protocol stack which includes PHY, MAC, RLC, PDCP, RRC and NAS layers
- Supports other 4G/OFDM technology variants, including WiMAX and XGP
In the coming months, Altair will continue to roll out its LTE product portfolio, including:
- FourGee(TM)-6150 - a MIMO RF transceiver that supports LTE-TDD. This product will be available in
- FourGee(TM)-6200 - a multi-band LTE-FDD MIMO transceiver that supports the most popular LTE bands in
North America, Japanand Europe. The chip will be available in Q210
Visit www.altair-semi.com for more information.
About Altair Semiconductor
Altair Semiconductor is the world's leading developer of ultra-low power, small footprint and high performance 4G semiconductors. The company's products provide device manufacturers integrating any 4G technology into their products with a highly power-optimized, robust and cost-effective solution. Altair's comprehensive product portfolio includes baseband processors, multi-band RF transceivers for both FDD and TDD bands, and a range of reference hardware and product level protocol stack software. Based on a novel, proprietary 4G Optimized OFDM Processor (O2P(TM)), Altair's products are the smallest and most highly power optimized in the industry, offering an unmatched combination of flexibility and performance. Altair is privately held and has raised a total of
Media Contacts: Dan Bingham / Amanda Lordy Dukas Public Relations 212-704-7385 Dan@dukaspr.com / Amanda@dukaspr.com Reader Contact Information Ha'harash Street, P.O. Box 7158, Hod Hasharon 45240 Israel Tel: +972-9-7403045, Fax: +972-9-7403049 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.altair-semi.com/
SOURCE Altair Semiconductor
More by this Source
Altair Semiconductor Powers First-Ever Verizon Wireless LTE-Only Tablet
Nov 18, 2013, 09:00 ET
Altair Semiconductor Raises $25 Million Financing Round
Jul 01, 2013, 03:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.