SAN JOSE, Calif., Oct. 26 /PRNewswire/ -- Altera Corporation (Nasdaq: ALTR) today announced it will demonstrate its next-generation military secure communication solutions at MILCOM 2010. Visitors to Altera's booth will learn how the company's programmable logic solutions enable military applications across the Global Information Grid (GIG) from the core to the edge. Altera's solutions allow designers to lower risk and increase design productivity for high-bandwidth network core applications, while meeting designer's size, weight and power (SWaP) challenges.
Altera's participation at MILCOM includes in-booth demonstrations, one-on-one customer discussions and participation in MILCOM's technical program. Areas Altera will cover at the show include low-power applications, cryptography, high assurance, 40G/100G communications and software-defined radio (SDR).
Altera's in-booth demonstrations showcasing its FPGA technologies include:
- TrellisWare's mobile ad hoc network (MANET) utilizing the low-power and networking capabilities of Altera's Cyclone® III FPGAs
- ViaSAT's PSIAM™-based crypto architecture capable of handling data secret and below on a Cyclone III LS FPGA
- Enhanced deep packet inspection (eDPI) technology at 40 Gbps in under 40 watts, utilizing Altera's Stratix® IV FPGA and Nios® II embedded processor and Global Velocity's DPI technology
- TrellisWare's 10-Gbps free-space optical (FSO) communications link utilizing Stratix IV FPGAs
- Imagize's low-power, Cyclone III FPGA-based image fusion, analytics and enhancement functionalities
In addition to the in-booth demonstrations, one of Altera's digital signal processing (DSP) experts will present a paper on DSP design tool flows within MILCOM's unclassified program.
-- Paper Title: "Advances in DSP Design Tool Flows for FPGAs"
Presented by Mark T. Jervis, Altera Corporation
SP-13: Efficient Computing and Communication Track
Location: Marriott San Jose Ballroom Salon II - Exhibit Level
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Session time: 9:30 a.m. – 11:50 a.m.
MILCOM 2010 will take place October 31 to November 3, 2010, at the San Jose Convention Center in San Jose, Calif. For additional information about Altera's participation at the event, visit www.altera.com/milcom.
Altera® programmable solutions enable system and semiconductor companies to rapidly and cost-effectively innovate, differentiate and win in their markets. Find out more about Altera's FPGA, CPLD and ASIC devices at www.altera.com. Follow Altera via Facebook, RSS and Twitter.
ALTERA, ARRIA, CYCLONE, HARDCOPY, MAX, MEGACORE, NIOS, QUARTUS, STRATIX and all other words that are identified as trademarks are, unless noted otherwise, Reg. U.S. Pat. & Tm. Off. and/or trademarks of Altera Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. All other product or service names are the property of their respective holders.