DUBLIN, April 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Alzheimer's Therapeutics in Asia-Pacific Markets to 2021 - Growth Driven by Rising Prevalence, Growing Awareness and Expected Launch of Disease Modifying Therapies" report to their offering.
The AD market is forecast to rise from a value of $3 billion in 2014 to $5.1 billion in 2021, at a CAGR of 7.9% across the four Asia-Pacific markets assessed. AD clinical trials have an overall attrition rate of 94%.
The pipeline contains a range of molecule types and molecular targets, including those that are well established in AD, and novel, first-in-class therapies. There have been 170 licensing deals and 104 co-development deals pertaining to AD products since 2006.
Although there is a high degree of failure and uncertainty within the R&D of AD drugs, the number of drugs in the pipeline is considerable, at 559. The majority of the pipeline products are novel, and there are only seven repositioned drugs and five generic drugs. This shows progression in terms of the different molecules being developed as therapeutic agents within the AD pipeline
Questions Answered by this Report:
- Which classes of drug dominate the market?
- What newly approved therapies have entered the market?
- How do the leading marketed therapies compare clinically?
- How will the new therapies be positioned in the treatment of AD?
- How have selected late-stage pipeline therapies performed in clinical trials?
- Which molecular targets appear most frequently in the pipeline?
- What are the failure rates for individual Phases of clinical development?
- How do AD clinical trial characteristics, including failure rate, duration, and size compare against respiratory and industry averages?
- How much of a role will disease prevalence and new product approvals play in market growth?
- Will generic competition have a significant impact on the market over the forecast period?
- Which territories show the most deal activity?
- What were the trends in deal completion by product stage of development?
- What were the conditions of the key licensing or co-development deals to take place in AD?
Key Topics Covered:
1 Table of Contents 2 Introduction
3 Marketed Products
4 Pipeline Analysis
5 Clinical Trial Analysis
6 Multi-Scenario Forecast
7 Drivers and Barriers 8 Deals and Strategic Consolidations
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8mzjbn/alzheimers
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470 For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/alzheimers-therapeutics-in-asia-pacific-markets-to-2021---growth-driven-by-rising-prevalence--growing-awareness---research-and-markets-300248409.html
SOURCE Research and Markets