Americans To Cruise Cuba's Coastline Aboard The Louis Cristal In New Specialty Insight Cuba People-To-People Tour Beginning In 2015 Insight Cuba, the leading provider of people-to-people travel to Cuba, launches its 12-day Cuba by Land & Sea tour, including a six-day overland adventure, followed by a six-day journey by sea. Announces 2015
NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y., July 16, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- American travelers who have been waiting to travel to Cuba now have the exciting opportunity to discover the enigmatic island in all its captivating diversity, on the newest 12-day Cuba by Land & Sea tour. Insight Cuba offers Americans the chance to explore Cuba's classic sights and secluded destinations with a six-day overland adventure and a six-day cruise aboard the Louis Cristal.
"It's been generations since Americans could visit Cuba aboard a ship and discover parts of the island not easily accessible by land," says Tom Popper, Insight Cuba's president.
Insight Cuba, the leading provider of authorized people-to-people travel to Cuba for U.S. citizens since 2000, has created the specialty tour, offering four departures beginning in 2015 (Jan 6 – 17, Feb 24 – Mar 7, Mar 3 – 14, Mar 17 – 28). Tour prices are $5,495 per person for double-occupancy. Singles add $1,050.
The overland adventure starts in Old Havana, where guests will witness firsthand its colonial beauty, including cobblestone streets and the iconic Malecón. After leaving the bustle of Havana, the tour is off to Playa Girón, the site of the Bay of Pigs, and a visit to the Parque Nacional Cienaga de Zapata, a UNESCO reserve of abundant biodiversity. Then, it's on to the UNESCO town of Cienfuegos, known as the "Pearl of the South," before boarding the Louis Cristal.
On board, guests can enjoy all the comforts of the ship while cruising along 784 miles of Cuba's coastline. First stop is the Isla de Juventud ("Island of Youth"), rarely visited by Americans for the past 50 years. The voyage will make another stop in Havana's harbor and Old Havana, before continuing to the northeastern shores of the Bahia de Nipe with a port call in Antilla.
Along the way, both on land and sea, participants will discover Cuba's most important resource: its people. Travelers will experience Cuba through memorable meetings with residents and their inspiring communities.
All four Cuba by Land & Sea tours include:
- One night at the Sofitel Miami hotel; breakfast and airport transfer included
- Private welcome reception and pre-tour briefing
- Two nights superior accommodations at the Meliá Cohiba in Havana
- Two nights superior accommodations at the Melia Santiago in Santiago de Cuba
- Five nights aboard the Louis Cristal in a deluxe ocean-side stateroom
- One night standard accommodations in Playa Girón
- Insight Cuba exclusive guided programming, including insider access to Cuba's famous places and those rarely seen, and private visits and lectures with Cuba's renowned experts
- Expert Cuban guide
- Experienced Insight Cuba tour leader
- Private Cuban driver
- All meals and snacks while aboard the Louis Cristal
- All meals while on land tour, except for one paladar evening dining experience on your own
- U.S. Department of the Treasury license and Insight Cuba letter of authorization
- Port fees
- Gratuities for luggage handling, restaurant service, and programmed activities throughout tour
- Evening entertainment aboard the Louis Cristal
- Flight package (cost additional), including round-trip charter air, all ground transportation, and airport transfers from Miami and Havana as part of the tour
- Fresh bottled water while touring
- Travel health insurance, emergency medical evacuation, and trip- cancellation coverage (up to $1,000)
- Insight Cuba travel guidebook
- 24-hour emergency customer-service hotline
Space is limited. For more information on the Cuba by Land & Sea tour and other Insight Cuba tours, visit www.insightcuba.com or call 1-800-450-CUBA (2822).
About Insight Cuba:
Insight Cuba pioneered legal people-to-people travel for Americans to Cuba and remains its leading provider. Since its inception in 2000, the organization has sent more than 10,000 participants on hundreds of tours and crafted more than 100 custom group tours. When travel to Cuba was reauthorized for all Americans in 2011, this not-for-profit company (a division of Cross-Cultural Solutions) was the first to bring American travelers back to Cuba. Each year, Insight Cuba offers six signature tours, more than 100 departures and dozens of custom group tours.
SOURCE Insight Cuba