HOUSTON, May 26, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Ameritex Community Services, HCS / TxHmL (Home and Community-Based Services / Texas Home Living) has partnered with the below Organizations in hosting two events at the Houston Downtown Tellepson YMCA at 808 Pease Street from 12 noon to 3:00pm.
- Dominion Church International, Inc. – Invocation: Bishop Paul Harpin;
- The Governor's Office – Speaker: Randi Turner;
- The Mayor's Office – Speaker Not Confirmed Yet;
- Houston Commission on Disabilities – The Mayor's Office – Speaker: Richard Petty;
- The ARC of Greater Houston – Speaker: Michelle Howard-Herbein, MSW;
- The Harris Center for Mental Health & IDD – Speaker: Consuelo Martinez;
- Houston Autism Center – Speaker: Dr. Jorge Carillo;
- HISD Trustee Member – Speaker: Rhonda Skillern-Jones, District II;
- HISD Trustee Member – Speaker: Arinola Esther Omogbehin;
- HISD Interim Assistant Superintendent – Speaker: Joan H. Anderson;
- HISD Special Education Department – Speaker: Dr. Sharon Cole-Braxton;
- Houston Center for Independent Living – Speaker: Michele Corron / Speaker: Arabel Rios;
- Art of the Meal – Speaker: Ginger Sprout (Segment from Channel 26).
The first event is to host the Houston Independent School District's first-ever Special Needs Students Graduation Proclamation from the Governor's Office as well as the Mayor's Office, honoring the students' achievements and accomplishments by presenting the students with Proclamations from both Offices.
The second event will host the above speakers that will share with the Parents, Teachers, Advocates and Community, the many Services, Resources, Activities and Events available to Individuals with an Intellectual / Developmental Disability on a Local, State and National level, given that many parents are unaware of them.
Shawn R. Madison, Deputy Administrator
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ameritex-community-services-presents-hisd-special-needs-students-first-ever-graduation-event-300464771.html
SOURCE Ameritex Community Services