NEW YORK, August 11, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
ACI Association has initiated research coverage on Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: LXRX). Select highlights from the internally released reports are being made available to the general public (included below), with access to the entirety of the research available to new members.
Today, membership is open to readers on a complementary basis at the following URL: http://www.aciassociation.com/?c=LXRX
Highlights from our LXRX Report include:
- Update on the TELESTAR Phase 3 Clinical Trial - On August 3, 2015, Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, Inc. announced that the pivotal TELESTAR Phase 3 clinical trial met its primary endpoint. The trial showcased the benefit of the oral dose of the investigational drug, telotristat etiprate, in treating cancer patients with carcinoid syndrome.
- About Telotristat Etiprate - Telotristat etiprate, discovered by the Company using its unique approach to gene science, if approved, would be the first oral treatment successfully developed for carcinoid syndrome. Also, it would be the first addition to the standard of care in over 16 years.
- Concept behind the TELESTAR Phase 3 Trial - For this double-blind Phase 3 study known as TELESTAR, Lexicon Pharmaceuticals enrolled a total of 135 patients with carcinoid syndrome which was not adequately controlled on the current standard of care, the SSA therapy.
- The Top-Line Results - Citing positive outcome of the study, Lexicon Pharmaceuticals' release added that top-line results from the Phase 3 study showed that the patients who added telotristat etiprate to the standard of care at both the 250 mg and 500 mg doses experienced a statistically significant reduction from baseline compared to placebo in the average number of daily bowel movements over the 12-week study period (p<0.001), meeting the study's primary endpoint.
- A Key Secondary Measure from the Study - While meeting the primary endpoint, the study also demonstrated a secondary measure wherein a notably higher number of patients on telotristat etiprate dose achieved at least a 30% reduction in daily bowel movements over at least half the days of the study period, as compared to 20% response on placebo (p<0.040). In other words, the patients achieved a durable response of 44% and 42% in the 250 mg and 500 mg arms, respectively.
- Incidences of Adverse Events - It was observed that the proportion of patients with treatment-emergent adverse events (AEs), serious AEs and discontinuation due to AEs were generally similar in all three treatment arms. In the study, the overall incidences of AEs were consistent with those reported in previous studies.
To find out how this influences our rating on Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, Inc., read the full report in its entirety here: http://www.aciassociation.com/?c=LXRX
About ACI Association:
Active Charter Investors Association ("ACI Association") produces regular sponsored and non-sponsored reports, articles, stock market blogs, and popular investment newsletters covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and micro-cap stocks. ACI Association has two distinct and independent departments. One department produces non-sponsored analyst certified content generally in the form of press releases, articles and reports covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and the other produces sponsored content (in most cases not reviewed by a registered analyst), which typically consists of compensated investment newsletters, articles and reports covering listed stocks and micro-caps. Such sponsored content is outside the scope of procedures detailed below.
ACI Association has not been compensated; directly or indirectly; for producing or publishing this document.
PRESS RELEASE PROCEDURES:
The non-sponsored content contained herein has been prepared by a writer (the "Author") and is fact checked and reviewed by a third party research service company (the "Reviewer"). Rohit Tuli, a CFA® charter holder (the "CFA®"), provides necessary guidance in preparing the document templates. The Reviewer has reviewed and revised the content, as necessary, based on sound investment judgment and publicly available information which is believed to be reliable. The Reviewer and the CFA® have not performed any independent investigations or forensic audits to validate the information herein. Unless otherwise noted, any content outside of this document has no association with the Author, the Reviewer, or the CFA® (collectively referred to as the "Production Team") in any way. The Production Team is compensated on a fixed monthly basis and do not hold any positions of interest in any of the securities mentioned herein.
ACI Association, the Author, the Reviewer and the CFA® (collectively referred to as the "Publishers") are not responsible for any error which may be occasioned at the time of printing of this document or any error, mistake or shortcoming. No liability is accepted by the Publishers whatsoever for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from the use of this document. The Publishers expressly disclaim any fiduciary responsibility or liability for any consequences, financial or otherwise arising from any reliance placed on the information in this document. Additionally, the Publishers do not (1) guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness or correct sequencing of the information, or (2) warrant any results from use of the information. The included information is subject to change without notice.
NOT AN OFFERING
This document is not intended as an offering, recommendation, or a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell the securities mentioned or discussed, and is to be used for informational purposes only. Please read all associated disclosures and disclaimers in full before investing. Neither ACI Association nor any party affiliated with us is a registered investment adviser or broker-dealer with any agency or in any jurisdiction whatsoever. To download our report(s), read our disclosures, or for more information, visit http://www.aciassociation.com/.
ACI Association is not available to residents of Belarus, Cuba, Canada, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria or Somalia. Do not send email to robottrap (at) aciassociation.com.
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by CFA Institute.