NEW YORK, Feb. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Analysis of the Global Metadata Management Solutions Market : Global Market Set to Double by 2020
Abstract: Rising broadband penetration, the connected devices boom, and the proliferation of TV apps and Over-the-top (OTT) platforms drove the need for metadata management solutions in 2014. Metadata solutions are the foundation for delivering engaging viewer experiences through advances in search, discovery, personalisation, and recommendation. This study discusses the global metadata solutions market in detail and elaborates on drivers, restraints, and challenges in this space. It also contains technology, business, and pricing trends, global and regional revenue forecasts, revenue by type of customer and distribution channel. The base year is 2014 and the forecast period is 2015–2021.
In this study, Frost & Sullivan examines metadata management solutions used by media and entertainment organisations in order to deliver viewer experiences at the consumption end.
- The Television (TV) industry is undergoing a massive transformation. Consumer behaviours are changing; TV by appointment is a rapidly ageing business model that is giving way to the consumption of content anytime, anywhere, and on any device. The proliferation of TV Everywhere (TVE) apps and Over-the-top (OTT) service providers across the world, combined with increasing penetration of high-speed broadband and the connected devices boom, have exacerbated the need for metadata solutions globally. Search, discovery, personalisation and recommendations are fast becoming an integral part of creating engaging viewer experiences. Investments in these areas drove purchases of metadata solutions in 2014.
- North America, led by the United States (US), formed the largest regional market for metadata solutions due to strategic investments. The Middle East and Asia-Pacific are smaller markets today, but are forecasted to grow rapidly during the forecast period. Source: Frost & Sullivan Key Findings NF47-70 5
- Restrained Information Technology (IT) spend and competition from home-grown solutions negatively impact the metadata solutions market. Price sensitivity and the slow nature of media and entertainment organisations in some regions elongate the sales cycles for many vendors in this market.
- The 2014 metadata solutions market was led by Gracenote, followed by Rovi, Ericsson, and Digitalsmiths. Several small regional and niche vendors are present in this market. For vendors, achieving global reach with locally relevant metadata will be the key for continued growth.
- Overall, the metadata management solutions market made $ million in revenue in 2014. This market is expected to more than double during the forecast period.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03180760-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001