NEW YORK, May 9 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Ann Taylor Stores Corporation
(NYSE: ANN) today announced that Michael Kingston has joined Ann Taylor as
Chief Information Officer, reporting to Tony Romano, EVP and Chief Supply
Mr. Kingston will be responsible for the overall strategic direction
and tactical delivery of all information technology systems and solutions
to support the company's business operations.
Mr. Kingston joins Ann Taylor from Coach Inc., where he was the Vice
President of Applications, leading the company's initiatives in
supply-chain and client management. Prior to joining Coach in 2003, Mr.
Kingston worked for LVMH Moet Hennessey Louis Vuitton, where he served as
Vice President and Chief Information Officer -- Shared Services and
International Director of Information Services.
Ann Taylor is one of the country's leading women's specialty retailers,
operating 824 stores in 46 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto
Rico, and also Online Stores at http://www.anntaylor.com and
http://www.anntaylorLOFT.com as of the end of Fiscal 2005.
Certain statements in this press release are forward-looking statements
made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities
Litigation Reform Act of 1995. The forward-looking statements may use the
words "expect," "anticipate," "plan," "intend," "project," "may," "believe"
and similar expressions. Forward-looking statements also include
representations of the Company's expectations or beliefs concerning future
events that involve risks and uncertainties, including:
* the Company's ability to predict accurately client fashion preferences;
* competitive influences and decline in the demand for merchandise offered
by the Company;
* effectiveness of the Company's brand awareness and marketing programs;
* the Company's ability to secure and protect trademarks and other
intellectual property rights in the United States and/or foreign
* general economic conditions, including the impact of higher energy
prices, a downturn in the retail industry or changes in levels of store
* fluctuation in the Company's level of sales and earnings growth;
* the Company's ability to locate new store sites or negotiate favorable
lease terms for additional stores or for the expansion of existing
* risks associated with the performance and operations of the Company's
* a significant change in the regulatory environment applicable to the
* risks associated with the possible inability of the Company,
particularly through its sourcing and logistics functions, to operate
within production and delivery constraints and the Company's dependence
on a single distribution facility;
* the uncertainties of sourcing associated with the new quota environment,
including changes in sourcing patterns resulting from the elimination of
quota on apparel products and the possible re-imposition of quotas or
other trade law or import restrictions in certain categories;
* financial or political instability in any of the countries in which the
Company's goods are manufactured;
* the potential impact of natural disasters and public health concerns,
particularly on the Company's foreign sourcing offices and manufacturing
operations of the Company's vendors;
* acts of war or terrorism in the United States or worldwide;
* work stoppages, slowdowns or strikes;
* the Company's ability to hire, retain and train key personnel;
* the Company's ability to successfully upgrade and maintain its
information systems; and
* the impact of the Company's AnnTaylor Factory business strategy.
Further description of these risks and uncertainties and other
important factors are set forth in the Company's latest Annual Report on
Form 10-K, including but not limited to Item 1A - Risk Factors and Item 7 -
Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of
Operations therein, and in the Company's other filings with the SEC.
Although these forward-looking statements reflect the Company's current
expectations concerning future events, actual results may differ materially
from current expectations or historical results. The Company does not
assume any obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking
statements at any time for any reason.
SOURCE Ann Taylor