The market size of antimicrobial additives is projected to reach USD 3.95 billion by 2021, registering a CAGR of 6.7% between 2016 and 2021. The growth is primarily triggered by its huge demand from the Asia-Pacific region and growing end-use industries such as healthcare, packaging, food & beverage, construction, and automotive. The government proposals in Asia-Pacific to improve public infrastructure and rising cash-intensive non-residential construction are driving the antimicrobial additives market. This, in turn, is contributing to the increasing demand for antimicrobial additives in the Asia-Pacific region.
"Silver based antimicrobial additives are expected to be the fastest-growing market"
Silver-based antimicrobial additives are projected to grow with the highest CAGR between 2016 and 2021. Higher demand for silver antimicrobial additives owing to their non-toxic, environmental friendly and high thermal stability properties is expected to drive the market during the forecast period. Also, the increasing demand from various end-use industries such as healthcare, packaging, food & beverage, construction, and automotive is fueling the growth of the silver-based antimicrobial additives market. Since silver is the major type of antimicrobial additive, its growing demand drives the antimicrobial additives market.
"Asia-Pacific projected to be fastest-growing market during the forecast period"
Asia-Pacific is projected to be the largest and the fastest-growing market for antimicrobial additives, globally. Domestic and foreign investments in the key sectors such as healthcare, packaging, construction, and food & beverage have been consistently growing for the past decade. Also, the increasing demand of antimicrobial additives from the healthcare and packaging industries and the growing construction industry are expected to drive the demand for antimicrobial additives in the region.
Breakdown of profile of primary interviews for the report:
- By Company Type – Tier 1 – 30%, Tier 2 –43%, and Tier 3 – 27%
- By Designation – C Level – 43%, Director Level – 30%, and Others – 27%
- By Region – North America – 37%, Europe – 23%, Asia-Pacific – 26%, and RoW – 14%
Some of the key companies profiled in this report are BASF SE (Germany), The Dow Chemical Company (U.S.), Clariant AG (Switzerland), A. Schulman, Inc. (U.S.), Polyone Corporation (U.S.), Sanitized AG (Switzerland), Microban International (U.S.), Biocote Limited (U.K.), King Plastic Corporation (U.S.), and Steritouch Ltd. (U.K.) among others.
Scope of the Report
This report categorizes the global market of antimicrobial additives on the basis of type, application, end-use industry, and region.
1. Antimicrobial Additives Market, by Type:The antimicrobial additives market has been segmented on the basis of type:- Inorganic Antimicrobial additiveso Silvero Coppero Zinc- Organic Antimicrobial additiveso Oxybisphenox Arsine (OBPA)o 4,5-Dichloro-2-(N-OCTYL)-4-Isothiazolin-3-One (DCOIT)o Triclosano Others
2. Antimicrobial Additives Market, by Application:
The antimicrobial additives market has been segmented on the basis of application:
- Paints & Coatings
- Pulp & Paper
3. Antimicrobial Additives Market, by End-use Industry:The antimicrobial additives market has been segmented on the basis of end-use industries:- Healthcare- Packaging- Food & Beverage- Construction- Automotive- Others (agriculture, electronic goods, personal care, and industrial)
4. Antimicrobial Additives Market, by Region:
The antimicrobial additives market has been segmented on the basis of region:
- North America
- Middle East & Africa
- South America
Read the full report:
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/antimicrobial-additives-market-by-type-organic-application-end-use-industry---global-forecast-to-2021-300380768.html