APEC CEO Summit to Take Place in Russia for First Time
More than 535 companies from 21 economies to convene in Vladivostok, Russia Sept. 6-8
MOSCOW, Aug. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- The APEC CEO Summit, Asia-Pacific's premier business event, will be held in Russia for the first time next month. The three-day summit is held in conjunction with the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Leaders Week and is expected to host close to 700 attendees from more than 535 companies and business organizations from the Asia-Pacific region.
The program, built around the theme of"Addressing Challenges. Expanding Possibilities" will be devoted to an exchange of ideas between business and government leaders on the issues most relevant today in the Asia-Pacific region including economic integration, trade liberalization innovation for growth, food security, energy and the development of distant provinces.
Government leaders expected to participate in the CEO Summit include:
- President Vladimir Putin , Russia
- President Hu Jintao , People's Republic of China
- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton , The United States
- President Sebastián Piñera, Chile
- President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono , Indonesia
- President Truong Tan Sang , Viet Nam
- Prime Minister John Key , New Zealand
- Chief Executive Leung Chun-Ying , Hong Kong, China
Among the speakers and business community leaders from the Asia-Pacific confirmed:
- Samuel Allen , Chairman of the Board, Deere & Company
- Umran Beba , President, Asia Pacific Region, PepsiCo
- Dominic Caruso , CFO, Johnson & Johnson
- Pat Dawson , Asia Pacific President, The Dow Chemical Company
- John Faraci , Chairman & CEO, International Paper
- Ning Gaoning, Chairman, COFCO
- Sergey Kirienko , Director General, State Atomic Energy Corporation "ROSATOM"
- Andrey Kostin , Chairman of the Management Board, VTB Bank, APEC CEO Summit Chairman
- Rich Lavin , Group President, Caterpillar Inc.
- Ziyavudin Magomedov, Chairman of the Board, Summa Group
- Craig Mundie , Chief Research and Strategy Officer, Microsoft Corp.
- Dennis Nally , Chairman, PwC International
- Scott Price , President & CEO, Walmart Asia
- James Turley , Chairman & CEO, Ernst & Young Global
- Jing Ulrich , Managing Director and Chairman of Global Markets - China, JPMorgan Chase
- Artem Volynets , CEO, En+ Group
- Peter Voser , CEO, Shell
WHEN/WHERE: September 6-8, 2012 / Russky Island, Vladivostok, Russia
INTERVIEW/PHOTO OPPS: Participating media accredited by the Russian Federation may contact the APEC CEO Summit Media team for access to the CEO Summit or to arrange interviews with speakers and/or participants.
Editor's note: Media interested in the CEO Summit must have been accredited by the Russian Federation to attend APEC Leaders Week. Media accreditation closed on July 20.
BACKGROUND: The National Business Center in Moscow is the host of the APEC 2012 CEO Summit. Its mission is to advance the Russian business agenda in the Asia-Pacific region by creating high quality opportunities for private sector engagement during Russia's hosting of APEC 2012.
APEC CEO Summit 2012 Media Team APEC 2012 CEO Summit Media Team, 16147360352, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE APEC CEO Summit 2012
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.