"Our data suggests that the problems resulting from playing Pokemon GO were not only limited to iOS users," said Richard Stiennon, Chief Strategy Officer of Blancco Technology Group. "Battery charging ranked in the list of the top five performance issues plaguing Android devices in Q3 2016. Since users must keep both their device screen and GPS on in order to play the virtual reality game, both of these functions are known to drain the device's battery charge."
Key highlights from the Q3 2016 trend report include:
- Newer iPhone and iPad models struggled with higher failure rates, including iPhone 6 (13 percent), iPhone 6S (9 percent), iPhone 5S (9 percent) and iPad Air 2 (2 percent).
- Apps crashed on 65 percent of iOS devices, which is nearly triple the rate of crashing apps on Android devices (25 percent).
- Pokemon GO app ranked as one of the most instable iOS apps (5 percent), while the Google Play Services app crashed frequently (10 percent) on Android devices.
- LeEco's Le 2 had the highest failure rate (13 percent) among the failing Android devices, followed by Xiaomi's Redmi 3S (9 percent), Xiaomi's Redmi Note 3 (9 percent), Samsung's Galaxy S7 Edge (5 percent) and Lenovo's Vibe K5 Note (4 percent).
- Android users worldwide experienced repeated difficulties with their devices' battery charging (7 percent) and screens (6 percent).
To understand the correlation between device diagnostics and NTF returns, try the NTF Savings Calculator and get a breakdown of the annual costs mobile service providers are needlessly incurring from inaccurately diagnosing device issues.
About Blancco Technology Group
Blancco Technology Group is a leading, global provider of mobile device diagnostics and secure data erasure solutions. We help our clients' customers test, diagnose, repair and repurpose IT devices with the most proven and certified software. Our clientele consists of equipment manufacturers, mobile network operators, retailers, financial institutions, healthcare providers and government organizations worldwide. The company is headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, United States, with a distributed workforce and customer base across the globe.
Blancco, a division of Blancco Technology Group, is the global de facto standard in certified data erasure. We provide thousands of organizations with an absolute line of defense against costly security breaches, as well as verification of regulatory compliance through a 100% tamper-proof audit trail.
SmartChk, a division of Blancco Technology Group, is a global innovator in mobile asset diagnostics and business intelligence. We partner with our customers to improve their customers' experience by providing seamless solutions to test, diagnose and repair mobile assets. SmartChk provides world-class support, pre and post implementation, allowing our customers to derive measurable business results.
SHIFT Communications for Blancco Technology Group (US)
David Heffernan, Account Manager
T: (617) 779-1839
SAY Communications for Blancco Technology Group (Europe)
Robert Hickling, Senior Account Manager
T: 44 (0) 20 8971 6427
The Hoffman Agency for Blancco Technology Group (APAC)
Miyuki Washino, Senior Consultant
T: 81 3 5159 5750
Blancco Technology Group
Ragini Bhalla, Senior Director of Global Communications
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20151006/274522LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/apples-newer-iphones-and-ipads-fail-almost-twice-as-much-as-android-devices-300364169.html
SOURCE Blancco Technology Group