PHILADELPHIA, March 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ARAMARK, the award-winning food and hospitality partner at 11 Major League Baseball stadiums, is unveiling its ballpark menus for the 2013 season. Stocked with classics like loaded hot dogs and mouthwatering sandwiches, the new menus also feature unexpected items like gourmet donuts and hand twisted stuffed pretzels.
Just as baseball's top players hit the gym to train in the off season, ARAMARK's culinary team sharpened their knives and got to work in their kitchens over the winter, creating new menus for Opening Day. The new offerings combine current trends, fan feedback, innovative culinary techniques and locally inspired flavors, resulting in delicious options that offer something for everyone.
"Each season we work to create new and exciting menu items, while also staying true to ballpark classics and fan favorites," said Marc Bruno, President, ARAMARK Sports and Entertainment. "Our team gathers fan feedback and industry trends to deliver inventive options that enrich the game day experience for all of our guests, and this year's menus reflect that commitment."
Some ballpark hot dogs, like the Fenway Frank in Boston or Nathan's Famous in New York, are just as synonymous with their teams as the ballparks themselves. Although not yet famous, the following new hot dogs are sure to score points with hungry fans this season:
- Angel Stadium- Specialty hand twisted pretzel dog
- Citizens Bank Park- Harry's Double Dog- Extra long hot dog, pickled red onions, tomato relish and jalapeno cheddar cheese sauce
- Kauffman Stadium- Wurstle Dog- European-style dog on a fresh baked baguette
- O.co Coliseum- Diablo Dog- Pimento cheese sauce, bacon crumbles and fried onion straws
- PNC Park- Firehouse Dog- All beef foot long, nacho cheese, sliced jalapeno and Fritos
- PNC Park- Corned beef and Swiss sausage, sauerkraut and thousand island dressing
Love for Latin Flavor
ARAMARK chefs spiced up this season's ballpark fare with some new Latin-inspired dishes featuring classic ingredients.
- Citizens Bank Park- Hand Crafted Burritos- Chicken, pork or vegetarian burritos with rice and black beans
- Coors Field- Carnitas Nacho- Tortilla chips, green chili queso, pork carnitas, jalapenos, pico, and sour cream
- Coors Field- Smothered Empanada- Spanish Empanada, Stinkin' Good Green Chili, shredded lettuce, pico and sour cream
- Kauffman Stadium- Pork Carnitas Taco- Braised pork butt, lettuce, queso fresco, pico de gallo and cilantro sour cream
- Rogers Centre- 12 Kitchen Nacho, in honor of Hall of Famer Roberto Alomar- Home cooked kettle chips, warm cheddar cheese, charred corn and roasted pineapple salsa, flat grilled and sliced Canadian peameal bacon, salsa verde, diced red tomatoes, shredded pickles, jalapeno infused island sauce
Fans looking for more than the ballpark staples of hot dogs, peanuts and Cracker Jack, can find these new gourmet sandwiches in their home ballpark.
- Citi Field- Pat LaFrieda's Original Filet Mignon Steak Sandwich- Hand-cut 100% black angus filet mignon, Monterey jack cheese, sweet caramelized onions and au jus on a toasted French baguette
- Citizens Bank Park- Toasted Chicken Grinder - Roasted peppers, mozzarella, baby spinach, oven dried tomatoes, house-cured pickles, spicy chili garlic relish and extra virgin olive oil
- Fenway Park- Pot Roast Sandwich, provolone cheese, choice of au jus or barbecue sauce on a crispy sandwich roll
- Fenway Park- Premium Steak Sandwich- Sirloin steak, provolone cheese and caramelized onions
- Rogers Centre- The Distillery Turkey "Pretzel" Sandwich- House smoked and hand carved turkey, whole grain Dijonnaise, Canadian white cheddar, grilled back bacon and rocket greens on a soft pretzel bun
- Turner Field- Yicketty Yamwich- A tribute sandwich to Chipper Jones - braised short rib, brie, cheddar, apple butter and spinach
Ballpark Burgers with a Twist
ARAMARK chefs have gone beyond the traditional beef patties in their new line up of ballpark burgers.
- Citi Field- Garlic knot meatball sliders from Two Boots Pizza
- Citizens Bank Park- Chicken burger, red onion slaw, pickled tomatoes and citrus-Dijon aioli on a griddled brioche bun
- Minute Maid Park- The Caz, a Bryan Caswell Grille (located on the club level), will feature half pound burgers, chicken sandwiches, chicken tenders, specialty sausages, hand-cut fries, milkshakes and Bryan Caswell's house recipe chili cheese fries
- Rogers Centre- Grilled turkey burger with fresh pico de gallo, guacamole and rocket greens on a whole wheat bun
- Turner Field- H&F Burger- The popular handcrafted burger from Holeman & Finch Public House- Double patty cheese burger, house-made ketchup, mustard and pickles on a butter-toasted pan de mie bun
Sweet Ballpark Treats
A trip to the ballpark isn't complete without something sweet. The following new items are sure to provide a sweet outcome, despite the final score.
- Citizens Bank Park- Federal Donuts- Philadelphia's popular fried chicken and gourmet donuts
- Turner Field- Yicketty Yogurt- Self serve yogurt and slushie location where fans can choose from a variety of toppings
Visit http://www.ballparkfoods.com for a look at the food and beverage programs available at each of ARAMARK's ballparks this season.
About ARAMARK Sports and Entertainment
ARAMARK Sports and Entertainment creates remarkable experiences for guests at over 150 premier sports facilities, convention centers and entertainment venues throughout North America. With industry-leading insight, ARAMARK designs innovative hospitality, dining and catering, retail merchandise, and facility service programs that deliver valuable business results. Learn more at www.aramarkentertainment.com or www.twitter.com/aramarksports.
ARAMARK delivers experiences that enrich and nourish people's lives through innovative food, facility, and uniform services. United by a passion to serve, our more than 250,000 employees make a meaningful difference each day for millions of people around the world. ARAMARK is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.