ASNC Embraces Nuclear's Role In Multi-Modality Imaging
BETHESDA, Md., Aug. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The American Society of Nuclear Cardiology (www.asnc.org) will host its annual meeting, ASNC2012 — The 17th Annual Scientific Session, September 6 – 9, 2012 in Baltimore. Close to a thousand imaging specialists from around the world will gather at ASNC2012 to attend sessions focused on nuclear cardiology's place in the imaging landscape, including joint sessions to bring a multi-modality approach to conversations about cardiovascular imaging.
Highlights for this year's meeting include:
- Eleventh annual Mario Verani Memorial Lecture presented by Dr. Gary Heller of Hartford Hospital titled "Nuclear Cardiology in 2012 and Beyond: Can We Meet the Challenges?" on Friday, September 7, 2012 at 8:50 a.m.
- ASNC's annual Young Investigator Award Competition on Friday, September 7, 2012 at 12:15 p.m.
- Multiple joint sessions with imaging and cardiology groups
- MedAxiom: "The Business of Nuclear Cardiology – Things to Know in A Changing Practice Environment" on Thursday, September 6, 2012 at 2:00 and 3:45 p.m.
- Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging: "Cardio-Oncology: The Problem and the Role of Noninvasive Imaging in Patient Management" on Friday, September 7, 2012 at 10:30 a.m.
- Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography: "How do we Choose Between SPECT and CT?" on Friday, September 7, 2012 at 1:30 p.m.
- Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance: "Imaging in Cardiomyopathy" on Friday, September 7, 2012 at 4:00 p.m.
All sessions will be held at the Baltimore Convention Center, and a full calendar of events is available at http://www.asnc.org/asnc2012. Tweets related to ASNC2012 should be catalogued using the hashtag #ASNC2012.
ASNC offers complimentary registration to all media representatives. Registration materials and additional resources are available here. Please submit your registration by August 24, 2012 to receive timely communications about this year's meeting.
The American Society of Nuclear Cardiology (ASNC) is the leader in education, advocacy, and quality for the field of nuclear cardiology. Serving more than 4,500 individuals in over 50 countries, ASNC is the only professional association dedicated to the dynamic subspecialty of nuclear cardiology.
In addition, The American Society of Nuclear Cardiology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education for physicians and is also a recognized provider of continuing education credit for technologists. ASNC's Continuing Education (ACE) credit is accepted by the NMTCB and ARRT. ASNC2012 has been approved for a maximum of 19 ACE credits for technologists and ASNC designates this live activity for a maximum of 24 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
SOURCE American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.