MORTSEL, Belgium and GREENVILLE, South Carolina, January 26, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
- Platform convergence unleashes the value-based care potential of multispecialty imaging, while advancing interoperability.
- EHR-embedded and task-based workflows support clinical efficiency, to help organizations meet the requirements of contemporary healthcare.
- Agfa HealthCare's Care You Can See[TM] approach delivers the foundation of integrated care by enabling regional imaging and patient data exchange networks.
Providing a comprehensive pathway to care coordination, Agfa HealthCare will present its transformative suite of technologies and solutions at HIMSS17, in Booth #1761. The Annual Conference and Exhibition takes place February 19-23 2017 in Orlando.
Convergence, efficiency, integration and intelligence
With its deep experience in interoperability, Agfa HealthCare has developed a range of solutions to meet the needs of the modern, value-based care healthcare enterprise. The platform approach to medical image management enables the health system to reduce its IT infrastructure and resources, while maximizing the value of images and documents across the continuum of care.
Most healthcare systems in the United States face a daunting challenge: providing efficient and secure clinical imaging workflow processes and related technologies to a new generation of imaging producers while complying with regulatory standards, enhancing clinical collaboration and reducing the cost of image storage. Agfa has purpose-built an Enterprise Imaging platform that meets these challenges, but can be adopted at the pace and scale required by each individual client.
With Agfa's modular platform, clinicians can share imaging data, no matter where they physically practice medicine. Agfa's solutions enable images to be securely made available across a geographically disparate health system. Point-of-care images are available in real-time, a significant benefit, for example, to busy Trauma I hospitals where time is of the essence.
Analytics and business intelligence offer the operational insight to empower the hospital, with multi-departmental Business Intelligence, live dashboards, audit reports and predictive analysis.
Services can be added as the organization requires, and at their pace. This functionality helps create an image-enhanced patient record that supports confident clinical decision-making, and sets the stage to better quality and value-based healthcare.
AT HIMSS, the complete suite of Enterprise Imaging solutions will be showcased, including:
- Enterprise Imaging Vendor-Neutral Archive (VNA) - consolidates imaging data from multiple systems, departments, facilities and vendors into a central clinical data foundation.
- Enterprise Imaging Exchange - allows fast, secure, reliable transfer of patient studies and regional imaging for physician and patient engagement.
- Web-based XERO® universal image viewer - provides secure access to DICOM and non-DICOM imaging data from different departments and multiple sources, in one view, to clinicians inside and outside of the hospital.
- Standardized Departmental Workflows which allow all image-producing service lines, such ophthalmology, dermatology and surgery, to capture and associate multimedia imaging studies with an episode of care, with appropriate image descriptors.
This patient care-centric, interoperable, collaborative workflow platform takes down barriers to data sharing, supporting hospitals to deliver a higher standard of collaborative care. It also provides a step toward population health, a key concern as the hospital-centered care model transforms into a population-centered approach.
In addition, Agfa HealthCare has recently collaborated with industry leaders such as IBM Watson Health, and vendors in the mobile health space, to envision a future where leading-edge technologies and image capture methodologies will be built into the Enterprise Imaging platform.
"Healthcare systems are under enormous pressure to improve quality, productivity and patient satisfaction scores, and technology can offer answers to these and other challenges that providers face," explains James Jay, Vice President, Imaging IT and Integrated Care Solutions businesses at Agfa HealthCare. "Throughout our organization, we are committed to advancing our customers' ability to leverage the power of technologies on integrated clinical data platforms, so that the right information is available, to whomever needs it, speeding the time to diagnosis and treatment of patients."
Attending HIMSS17 in Orlando? If so, join Agfa HealthCare on Tuesday, Feb. 21 at 1 p.m. for a special Lunch and Learn session, featuring healthcare information technology expert Ross Koppel, PhD. To learn more, or to register for this invitation-only event, call 864-421-1741.
For an image, courtesy of Agfa HealthCare, click here
About Agfa HealthCare
Agfa HealthCare, present in one hospital out of two, is a leading provider of eHealth & Digital Imaging solutions. Care organizations in over 100 countries rely on Agfa HealthCare to optimize their efficiency and improve patient care.
Director, Marketing Communications, Americas
SOURCE Agfa HealthCare