At Rock Stars of Big Data, Google Engineering Director Dan Sturman Will Discuss How to Build Big Data Processing Into Businesses
Early-bird and team pricing still available
Los Alamitos, California, /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Google Engineering Director Dan Sturman will share how Google's Cloud Platform can be used for hosting big data applications at IEEE Computer Society's Rock Stars of Big Data event, October 29 at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, California.
During his presentation, "Building Big Data Processing into Your Business," Sturman will discuss the benefits of that platform for big data applications, as well as innovations available to users. He will also look at practical industry applications through several customer case studies.
Sturman leads the cluster management team in developing the internal cloud platform supporting all Google applications. This software enables deployment and management of large-scale distributed workloads over a global compute infrastructure. Prior to leading the cluster management team, he led a team working across cluster, storage, and networking infrastructure as part of the growth of Google's New York engineering team.
He is among nearly a dozen technology leaders who will share their experiences at Rock Stars of Big Data. To register, visit http://www.computer.org/Big-Data.
The high-level, one-day discussion is aimed at business as well as technology leaders. The summit will empower attendees to:
- understand the potential for big data in their business,
- create a big data culture,
- make big data projects succeed,
- use big data analytics to make the right decisions, and
- prepare employees and teams for big data projects.
Other speakers include:
- Chris Pouliot, Director of Algorithms and Analytics, Netflix
- William Ruh, Vice President of GE Software
- Michael Johnson, Director for Utility Care Data Analysis, Kaiser Permanente
- Mark Seager, Intel CTO for Technical Computing
- Grady Booch, Chief Software Architect, IBM Research
- Stephen Brodsky, Technical Executive and Distinguished Engineer of Big Data Initiatives, IBM Silicon Valley Lab
- Bill Franks, Chief Analytics Officer, Teradata
- Joshua Greenbaum, Principal, Enterprise Applications Consulting
- Peter Ungaro, President and Chief Executive Officer, Cray
About IEEE Computer Society
IEEE Computer Society is the world's leading computing membership organization and the trusted information and career-development source for a global workforce of technology leaders including: professors, researchers, software engineers, IT professionals, employers, and students. The unmatched source for technology information, inspiration, and collaboration, the IEEE Computer Society is the source that computing professionals trust to provide high-quality, state-of-the-art information on an on-demand basis. The Computer Society provides a wide range of forums for top minds to come together, including technical conferences, publications, and a comprehensive digital library, unique training webinars,professional training, and the TechLeader Training Partner Program to help organizations increase their staff's technical knowledge and expertise. The Computer Society is the producer of Rock Stars of Big Data, the must-attend big data event of the year. To find out more about the community for technology leaders, visit http://www.computer.org.
Media Contact: Margo McCall, IEEE Computer Society, (714) 816-2182, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE IEEE Computer Society
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.