LAS VEGAS, Oct. 2, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today, during American Trucking Associations' annual Management Conference & Exhibition, ATA honored 14 trucking association executives for their distinguished service to the industry.
"One of the strengths of ATA is our Federation – our industry's presence in every state capital through our state association partners and across different industries with our affiliates and conferences," said incoming ATA Chairman Kevin Burch, president of Jet Express. "These tremendous individuals have demonstrated remarkable leadership and have truly helped move our industry forward."
This year, ATA honored 14 executives with a combined 165 years of experience at today's Advocacy and Government Affairs Luncheon:
- Walt Heinritizi, executive director of the Michigan Trucking Association, 30 years;
- John Hausladen, president of Minnesota Trucking Association, 20 years;
- Myron Rau, president of the South Dakota Trucking Association, Barry "Spook" Stang, executive vice president of the Motor Carriers of Montana and Anne Lynch, executive director of the Massachusetts Motor Transportation Association, 15 years;
- Paul Enos, CEO of the Nevada Trucking Association, John Esparza, president of the Texas Trucking Association, Aves Thompson, executive director of the Alaska Trucking Association, Tom Crawford, president and CEO of the Missouri Trucking Association and Jan Vineyard, president of the West Virginia Trucking Association, 10 years and;
- Gary Langston, president and CEO of the Indiana Motor Truck Association; Matt Hart, executive director of the Illinois Trucking Association, Jon Samson, executive director of ATA's Agricultural and Food Transporters Conference and Chris Maxwell, president and CEO of the Rhode Island Trucking Association; five years.
"These leaders have done tremendous work in their states to enhance our industry's image and advance a pro-trucking, pro-safety, pro-efficiency agenda," said ATA President and CEO Chris Spear. "We are proud to have each of them as part of our Federation."
Spear also recognized Tom Whitaker, chairman of the Trucking Association Executives Council and executive director of the Kansas Motor Carriers Association, and Kendra Hems, TAEC vice chairman and president of the Trucking Association of New York, for their leadership of TAEC this year.
American Trucking Associations is the largest national trade association for the trucking industry. Through a federation of 50 affiliated state trucking associations and industry-related conferences and councils, ATA is the voice of the industry America depends on most to move our nation's freight. Follow ATA on Twitter or on Facebook. Trucking Moves America Forward
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ata-recognizes-state-trucking-executives-for-service-to-industry-300337453.html
SOURCE American Trucking Associations