AT&T Digital Life, New Home Security And Automation Service, Launches Friday In Portland
AT&T Digital Life Gives Consumers Control to Secure and Manage their Homes from Virtually Anywhere
PORTLAND, Ore., June 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- AT&T* today announced it will launch Digital Life in Portland, Oregon along with four other markets: Boston, Cleveland, Detroit, and San Antonio. AT&T Digital LifeSM makes customers' lives easier by simplifying the management of their home. Digital Life offers security, convenience and peace of mind, in a customizable and easy-to-use experience from smartphones, tablets or PCs.
Beginning Friday, customers in these five new markets can receive a live demo and purchase AT&T Digital Life in company owned retail stores. Since April, AT&T has introduced Digital Life in 22 markets and plans to introduce the service in up to 50 markets by the end of 2013.
With Digital Life, customers can use their existing home broadband provider, and any wireless phone service, and enjoy the security and convenience of a home management system with the flexibility to meet their unique needs.
- Actively Protected & In Control: The foundation of Digital Life is complete home security with 24/7 professional monitoring that allows you to know what is happening at home, or where an event has occurred. Through AT&T-owned and operated, U.S.-based monitoring centers, professionals will respond to emergencies and alert police and fire authorities.
- Seamlessly Connected: Digital Life is an all-digital, fully integrated, wireless home management system, giving customers flexibility to manage their home from their smartphone, tablet or PC. Our takeover module lets you easily extend your existing security system and investment. The Digital Life application is available on most web browsers. Apps are available for iOS, Android smartphones and Windows Phones. To ensure customers' privacy is protected, Digital Life has a secure log in system each time the app is opened from any Internet-connected device.
- Amazingly Simple & Intuitive: A user-friendly application was designed to be as simple as possible, making it easier than ever to manage your home. The Digital Life application gives customers control over cameras, door locks, lights, thermostats, small appliances and more by setting alerts or programs to manage your home. It's all integrated into one simple system.
- Personalized & Flexible: Digital Life provides total flexibility so you can personalize your home to adapt to everyday life – with custom notifications and scheduled tasks. Add devices and solutions anytime, as your needs grow, or your lifestyle changes.
"How many times have you left home and forgot to lock the door, turn the lights off, or change the thermostat? Or maybe you forgot to leave a key for someone or are worried about an important package being left on your doorstep," said Mike Maxwell, VP/GM, AT&T. "AT&T Digital Life won't keep these things from happening, but it will allow you to immediately fix these mistakes from virtually anywhere and simplify the management of your home."
"With the touch of a button, you can remotely unlock doors, turn lights on/off and set the thermostat – whether you're a few blocks from home or out of the country," Maxwell added. "The system can monitor the front door with a motion-detector-activated camera and show what's going on inside with a pan-and-tilt camera that tracks pets, children, house cleaners or baby-sitters."
Digital Life recently achieved the "CSAA Five Diamond Certification," testifying that 100% of Digital Life central station operators have achieved proficiency and certification by passing the CSAA Central Station On-Line Operator Training Course. These courses cover virtually all phases of central station communications with customers, law enforcement, fire and emergency services communications centers. This critical area of communications is the life-saving link between the residential or business properties and the law enforcement, fire and emergency services in local areas. In addition, Digital Life has demonstrated an exceptionally high degree of responsibility to local communities and customers through the investment of time, money and commitment to 100% quality operator training. There are approximately 2,700 central stations in the United States, which communicate and interact with the law enforcement, fire and emergency services agencies. Of this group, fewer than one hundred fifty central stations have achieved the "CSAA Five Diamond Certified" status.
Customers can choose from two base plans: Simple Security, which is our basic home security package; or Smart Security which includes enhanced security features and the option to add home automation.
- Simple Security: Includes 24/7 home monitoring, 24-hour battery backup, a wireless keypad, keychain remote, recessed sensors and an indoor siren for $29.99 a month plus $149.99 for equipment and installation.
- Smart Security: Includes the benefits of Simple Security plus a choice of three of the following features: motion sensor, carbon monoxide sensor, glass break sensor, smoke sensor or takeover kit. Smart Security begins at $39.99 a month plus $249.99 for equipment and installation.
Customers who select Smart Security can add these automation packages:
- Camera Package: View live video from inside and outside of the home for an additional $9.99 a month plus equipment and installation.
- Energy Package: Control appliances, lighting and thermostats for convenience and energy efficiency for an additional $4.99 a month plus equipment and installation.
- Door Package: Allow a pet sitter or repairman into your home remotely with automated door locks, or check to see whether your garage door is open or closed for an additional $4.99 a month plus equipment and installation.
- Water Detection Package: Detect water leaks before damage occurs for an additional $4.99 a month plus equipment and installation.
- Water Control Package: Detect leaks and shut off water at the main water source for an additional $9.99 a month plus equipment and installation.
Experience Digital Life
Digital Life offers a simple purchasing process with several options. Digital Life will be sold and demonstrated in over 700 company owned retail stores in 27 markets. You can also learn and buy at att.com/digitallife, call 855-288-2727 or schedule an appointment with an in-home sales consultant.
To learn more about Digital Life availability, visit www.att.com/digitallife.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and internationally. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's largest 4G network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile Internet, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T │DIRECTV brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT.
© 2013 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the AT&T logo and AT&T DIGITAL LIFE and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
Cautionary Language Concerning Forward-Looking Statements
Information set forth in this news release contains financial estimates and other forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties, and actual results may differ materially. A discussion of factors that may affect future results is contained in AT&T's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. AT&T disclaims any obligation to update or revise statements contained in this news release based on new information or otherwise.
SOURCE AT&T Inc.
More by this Source
AT&T Ranks No. 1 In Tucson, AZ
Apr 16, 2014, 18:00 ET
Volvo Cars and AT&T Enter Multi-Year Agreement to Connect Future Models in U.S. and Canada
Apr 16, 2014, 10:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.