MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Oct. 31, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 11:00 AM EST
Online, complimentary registration available at: http://frost.ly/xt
Frost & Sullivan Intelligent Mobility Global Vice President Sandeep Kar, Team Lead Wallace Lau, and Fred Andersky, Director, Customer Solutions-Controls and Government Affairs for Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems.
The trucking industry today is focused on finding solutions to driver shortages, safety regulation compliance pressures, fuel efficiency enhancement demands, higher driver productivity, and most important of all higher driver income generation pressures. That solution could be delivered by autonomous trucks. All truck OEMs are prioritizing some level of automated driving into their strategic plans to develop a sustainable transport solution for years to come as trucking provides the perfect platform for reaching the full potential of autonomous vehicles. The building blocks toward an autonomous truck include four main technological pillars: driveline, connectivity/communication, sensors, and algorithms/software. As autonomous trucking gains more mid share and OEM activity, these technologies and their evolution will be crucial enabling factors in ushering an era of autonomous freight mobility. However, several issues around regulations, technology, liability, consumer adoption and societal concerns still need to be addressed. Frost & Sullivan's webinar, hosted by industry focused thought leaders, will provide an outlook of autonomous truck technologies and their adoption paths along with market and industry focused implication insights and actionable analysis.
Attend this webinar to:
- Discover the current state of autonomous trucking and factors shaping its advent
- Learn about the building-block technologies of an autonomous truck
- Understand the implications and benefits of autonomous trucks
- Understand how autonomous driving and connected truck technologies are converging in creating new growth opportunities for industry stake holding groups
The briefing will benefit commercial vehicle executives at commercial vehicle and passenger vehicle OEMs, tier-1s, tier-2s, governments, regulators, legislators, financial industry, academic institutions, fleets, among others.
"The building blocks towards an autonomous truck are available today, however many challenges still persist before these trucks are deployed on public roads," states Frost & Sullivan Mobility Global Vice President, Sandeep Kar. "The maturing and adoption of individual components that make up an autonomous truck will be crucial towards the understanding and acceptance of the end goal which is effective utilization of autonomous trucks. How these technologies will converge in catalyzing autonomous driving, thereby enabling trucking industry in solving several crucial issues ranging from driver pay and driver shortage to truck safety and fuel/freight efficiency enhancement- is one of the most important questions in global commercial vehicle industry today."
" A rulemaking on autonomous driving is likely to happen – even with so much of today's focus on autonomous vehicle technology," noted Bendix Commercial Vehicle LLC's Director of Government and Industry Affairs, Fred Andersky. "The recently released federal guidelines surrounding autonomous vehicle advancements affect vehicle manufacturers more than fleets – at least at this stage, as fleets later will bear the burden of evaluating the technology. We are at an exciting crossroads with the advent of autonomous vehicle technologies – and what may result in regulations and what may not. Needless to say, it's going to be an interesting future on the regulatory front."
- To attend the briefing, you can register by visiting: http://frost.ly/xt
- For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org your full name, job title, company name, company telephone number, company email address and website, city, state and country.
- Receive a recorded version of the briefing anytime by submitting the aforementioned contact details.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Frost & Sullivan
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/automated-mobility-provides-growth-opportunities-for-the-next-frontier-of-competition-300353648.html
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan