WELLESLEY, Mass., Nov. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Babson College celebrates Global Entrepreneurship Week 2012 through November 16th with a series of events and activities. An initiative supported by the Arthur M. Blank Center of Entrepreneurship, the Babson led events are part of thousands that will take place across 120 countries for Global Entrepreneurship Week.
Celebrating innovation, entrepreneurship, and creativity, Global Entrepreneurship week brings together aspiring and inspiring entrepreneurs, helping them embrace originality, imagination and ingenuity through local, national and global activities.
In line with Babson College's role as an educator, convener, and thought leader for Entrepreneurship of All Kinds, Babson's collection of events highlight the institutions priority to further progressive entrepreneurial education with both the student body and the greater community.
Babson GEW Events
- Spotlight: Babson Entrepreneurs Making Their Global Footprint (in collaboration with International Education Week) Monday, November 5 - Friday, November 16
- Babson College STEP Latin America Summit Monday, November 12 -Thursday, November 15, Nova Lima, Brazil
- Butler Venture Accelerator Workshop: Division of Equity, Monday, November 12, 4:00 pm, Blank Center, Babson College
- "Disrupt Yourself" with Whitney Johnson, Sponsored by Center for Women's Entrepreneurial Leadership, Monday, November 12, 6:30 pm, Needham/Wellesley Room, Babson College
- Gennari Aronson Panel: Global Brand Building, Tuesday, November 13, 7:30 am, Olin Auditorium, Babson College
- She Did It/Boston, Sponsored by Center for Women's Entrepreneurial Leadership, Tuesday, November 13, 12:00 pm, Knight Auditorium, Babson College
- Gennari Aronson Office Hours, Wednesday, November 14, Babson College
- Launch Capital Office Hours, Thursday, November 15, Babson College
- Design & Thinking Movie Screening, Sponsored by the Babson Entrepreneurship Club, Thursday, November 15, 7:00 pm, Olin 220, Babson College
About Global Entrepreneurship Week
Global Entrepreneurship Week is the world's largest celebration of the innovators and job creators, who launch startups that bring ideas to life, drive economic growth and expand human welfare. During one week each November, GEW inspires people everywhere through local, national and global activities designed to help them explore their potential as self-starters and innovators. These activities, from large-scale competitions and events to intimate networking gatherings, connect participants to potential collaborators, mentors and even investors—introducing them to new possibilities and exciting opportunities.
The initiative kicked off in 2008, launched by former UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown and Carl Schramm, the president and CEO of the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation. Since then, it has grown to 115 countries—with nearly 24,000 partner organizations planning more than 37,000 activities that directly engage more than 7 million people.
About Arthur Blank Center for Entrepreneurship
The center focuses on expanding the practice of Entrepreneurship of All Kinds™ through innovative cocurricular programs and global collaborative research initiatives that inspire and inform Entrepreneurial Thought and Action®. Outside the classroom, students live entrepreneurship through the comprehensive John E. and Alice L. Butler Venture Accelerator Program, more than a dozen student-run entrepreneurship organizations and forums, and the Boston-area entrepreneurial ecosystem.
About Babson College
Babson College is the educator, convener, and thought leader for Entrepreneurship of All Kinds™. The College is a dynamic living and learning laboratory, where students, faculty, and staff work together to address the real-world problems of business and society -- while at the same time evolving our methods and advancing our programs. We shape the leaders our world needs most: those with strong functional knowledge and the skills and vision to navigate change, accommodate ambiguity, surmount complexity, and motivate teams in a common purpose to create economic and social value. As we have for nearly a half-century, Babson continues to advance Entrepreneurial Thought and Action® as the most positive force on the planet for generating sustainable economic and social value. For information, visit www.Babson.edu.
SOURCE Babson College