WELLESLEY, Mass., Oct. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Babson College undergraduate and graduate Hatcheries, part of the John E. and Alice L. Butler Venture Accelerator Program, are providing a vibrant atmosphere conducive to sharing ideas and information among student teams, faculty, executives-in-residence and visiting entrepreneurs.
The Hatcheries function like incubators where student entrepreneurs have access to professional and semiprivate workspace to grow their businesses. Student businesses go through an application process before they are selected. Teams are awarded space in the Hatcheries one term at a time. More hatchery info available at http://bit.ly/16gu0cE
Fall 2013 Hatchery Businesses
- Grandma Lena's (Daniela Ortiz Bahamonde M'14) - Grandma Lena's is a gluten free specialty food company. Grandma Lena's is the perfect solution for people with Celiac Disease or gluten intolerance that are looking for a convenient, nutritious and delicious eating experience.
- Photo Oil (Lei Wang M'13) - PhotoOil turn your most precious photo into museum quality art. http://www.photooil.com/
- Plaiding (Jorge Gutierrez Alvarez M'14) - Plaiding is an advertisement network with social causes. It's a tool for both brands and mobile app users to help the world.
- Salamander's Energy Solutions (Alfredo Gago M'12, CAM'14) - Salamander's Energy Solutions provides an innovative way to charge cell phones, tablet and gadgets in public spaces.
- Startup Rounds (Paul Hammond M'14) - Startup Rounds qualifies startups for investment. Startup companies apply to compete in a contest for support, recognition, customers and capital. The top scoring startups advance to later rounds, establishing credibility, proving concept, and gaining recognition, furthering opportunities to raise money, generate sales and win cash prizes. http://www.startuprounds.com/
- Jossle (Daquan Oliver '14 and Rotimi Lademo '15) - A college marketing company in the Greater Boston Area which empowers college students to become the personal sales, marketing and events planning team for businesses. http://www.jossle.org/
- Recesspreneurs (Daquan Oliver '14 and Kamisha Lauture '16) - Recesspreneurs is an organization which teaches success skills through entrepreneurship to empower at-risk youth. http://recesspreneurs.org/
- Sprout (Jeremy Cai '16) - Sprout is a compost bin designed to eliminate the large spaces, inefficiency, and effort involved with conventional composting through a revolutionary process called bokashi - bringing composting into the modern home.
- Thorium Unlimited (Matthew Hayes '15) - Thorium Unlimited aims to provide the world's energy supply in a cheaper, safer, more efficient, more abundant, and carbon-emission free way via the Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactor.
About Babson College
Babson College is the educator, convener, and thought leader for Entrepreneurship of All Kinds(tm). The College is a dynamic living and learning laboratory, where students, faculty, and staff work together to address the real-world problems of business and society -- while at the same time evolving our methods and advancing our programs. We shape the leaders our world needs most: those with strong functional knowledge and the skills and vision to navigate change, accommodate ambiguity, surmount complexity, and motivate teams in a common purpose to create economic and social value. As we have for nearly a half-century, Babson continues to advance Entrepreneurial Thought and Action(r) as the most positive force on the planet for generating sustainable economic and social value. For information, visit www.babson.edu
This news release was issued on behalf of Newswise(TM). For more information, visit http://www.newswise.com.
SOURCE Babson College