LONDON, May 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
Over the historic period as a whole, Baby Food manufacturers in New Zealand have been able to exploit demand for baby food amongst slightly older infants, a strategy which has kept growth from decelerating faster. Although all sectors apart from juices have demonstrated some growth in terms of value, in volume terms overall sales have stagnated, due largely to the decline in birth numbers over the review period. Value growth has been driven mainly by the trend towards pouches in the wet meals sector. Per capita consumption of baby food is 9.2% higher than in 2009. Per capita expenditure increased by 31.7% between 2009 and 2015.
- The New Zealand baby food market has grown by 18.4% in value terms over the period from 2009 to 2015, although it has stagnated in volume terms. Sales have been held back by the continuous fall in the number of births.
- Milks account for 60.5% of value sales, although their share has fallen over the review period. Wet meals, on the other hand, have seen their share of value sales rise from 27.5% in 2009 to 35.3% in 2015. Cereals accounted for the remaining 4.2% in 2015.
- Heinz Wattie's and Danone lead the market and between them accounted for almost three?quarters of value sales in 2015. Danone is the leader in milks, and only a little way behind Heinz Wattie's in the total market.
- Over the forecast period as a whole, volume growth is expected to reach 8.2% by 2021. Value sales are forecast to increase by 27.2%.
"Baby Food in New Zealand" is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the New Zealand market.
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features and developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers and brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
Reasons To Buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behaviour and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse current and forecast behaviour trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3831796/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/baby-food-in-new-zealand-canadean-ltd-300269261.html