BUENOS AIRES, Argentina, Feb. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Banco Hipotecario S.A. (BCBA: BHIP) announces its fourth quarter 2012 results.
- Total net income for the year was Ps. 343.6 million, 36.6% higher than Ps. 251.5 million of 2011. Net income for the fourth quarter was Ps. 111.7 million, compared to Ps. 75.1 million and Ps. 130.1 million of last quarter and same quarter of previous year, respectively.
- Net financial margin for the year was Ps. 835.6 million and Ps. 598.2 million for 2011. Net financial margin for the quarter was Ps. 228.5 million, compared to Ps. 183.7 million of last quarter and Ps. 245.1 million of same quarter of last year.
- Aggregated net income from services of Ps. 450.7 million was 27.4% higher than 2011. Net income from services for the quarter was Ps. 125.7 million, 6.3% higher than previous quarter, and 29.5% higher than fourth quarter 2011.
- Loans to the private sector increased 13.2% in the quarter and 28.6% YoY.
- Deposits increased 10.1% in the quarter and a 46.7% YoY growth.
- NPL ratio decreased from 1.6% to 1.5% in the year.
- Equity ratio of 22.8%, lower than the 26.9% of December 2011.
- During 2012, the Bank has issued debt in the local capital markets for Ps. 453.0 million.
- BH ranks seventh in terms of net worth and tenth in terms of assets within private banks in local financial system.
SOURCE Banco Hipotecario S.A.